Immediate Annuity Recommendation Needed

New York Life, who most likely won't accept your business.

Depending on what kind of payout you are looking for Jackson National Life might be a good try.

I've used immediate annuities (the link from never a dull moment), I liked the ability to get the instant quotes, but my experience with them is they are slow to respond to requests. I also wasn't thrilled with what they came up with when they finally called.

I think American Equity(4%), Equitrust(3%) & North American(2%) tend to have very good payouts and have good comp too.
Dont hold me to the commissions but I think thats what they are.

If you are licensed with equitrust I would just use them.

What type of immediate annuity are you looking for??
Period certain? Lifetime? Inflationary?
It really depends on what type your looking for...

What type of immediate annuity are you looking for??
Period certain? Lifetime? Inflationary?
It really depends on what type your looking for...

great point.
and which immediate annuity is competitive today may not be competitive 60 days from now, because the insurers are constantly adjusting their rates tables because of the bond market.

There must be a good reason, but why on earth would anyone consider annuitizing money in this interest rate environment? Can't think of a worse time...

The lady is 47 years old and just retired with 300k. She doesn't want to work (at least full time) anymore. She is selling everything she owns and needs $2,000 per month to get her to 62 years old.

I'm laddering a few products and needed a period certain annuity (immediate). Some of the money will be put into an account that will later be taken as a pension with social security.

All this is being done while avoiding the 10% early IRS penalty.

It is what she wants and I can't talk her out of it. Either this or she says she is going to blow through her money. I have developed a plan with an outfit I work with and having some paperwork done to protect myself in case the girl deviates from the plan. She mentioned buying a $47k truck and I said if you even think about it or bring it up again then I can't work with you (help her).
There is your reason. You can't fix stupid. Having a little hard time with it, only because I wish it was 600k but with 300k she is going to have to sell everything )more like walk away from her house that she is in way over her head with).

What happens at 62? Social Security? Good luck with that. I would not bet on seeing SS in 15 years.

She is gonna get killed with inflation but she would probably blow it all if she doesn't do a SPIA.

Avoiding the 10% penalty? 72T? Get her to sign everything.

Back