Immediate Income

Minimal constructive responses out of my 30 posts? You realize probably 90% of them are from conversations with you right? Meaning, you are participating in not being constructive. I started this thread to hear other people's contructive responses, not give my own. I don't understand the logic behind your thinking here.

The logic behind my thinking was simply to correct Scott's misconception.

On an internet forum sometimes it is easy to get wires crossed. It is very common on this forum for one member to correct another on a thread if that other member has a misconception about the thread or a poster.

Again, it was not to say that you had bad intent or hidden intent with the thread. Just different than what Scott thought.

The logic behind my thinking was simply to correct Scott's misconception.

On an internet forum sometimes it is easy to get wires crossed. It is very common on this forum for one member to correct another on a thread if that other member has a misconception about the thread or a poster.

Again, it was not to say that you had bad intent or hidden intent with the thread. Just different than what Scott thought.
That's fine. Just realize you're the one telling me that what I say isn't constructive. Then you wonder why I would be defensive? It's not like I'm the one sitting here commenting on your original reply and picking it apart (although it appears someone else did for me). I stated a question and was reading replies. Sorry that's not "constructive."

I didn't think you'd have an actual response anyway. Since this is just a made up scenario it's okay to give an answer.

I dont care much for hypotheticals. They bore me. I have enough real life scenarios to keep my mind busy.

If you give a vague question you get a vague answer.
There are more solutions for income other than Riders. Especially for a 65 year old.

If you want to get an idea of my thoughts on Annuities you are free to read 10 or 20 or 30 or 40 pages deep here in the Annuity section and you will find plenty of constructive posts from me about all different types of products and scenarios. Many of them real life scenarios or cases.

I would invite you to contribute and explore the forum past just a single thread/topic.

Minimal constructive responses out of my 30 posts? You realize probably 90% of them are from conversations with you right? Meaning, you are participating in not being constructive. I started this thread to hear other people's contructive responses, not give my own. I don't understand the logic behind your thinking here.

SanDiego, you're comments are justified. I'm not sure about these replies on this thread. I'd like to hear other agents give comments about product like I've done. How can we all expect to learn from others if we don't give actual recommendations then discuss their attributes.

That's fine. Just realize you're the one telling me that what I say isn't constructive. Then you wonder why I would be defensive? It's not like I'm the one sitting here commenting on your original reply and picking it apart (although it appears someone else did for me). I stated a question and was reading replies. Sorry that's not "constructive."

I never said that what you said is not constructive. Re-read the posts.

I said that most of the replies you have received have not been constructive (or serious).

The only person that has taken you seriously is a newby who so far has only commented on your threads.... which is a bit suspicious that out of the thousands of threads here he only feels the need to comment on yours....

How many experienced forum members have seriously responded to you?
Why do you think that is? Perhaps because of the way you have presented yourself???

And the guy who "put me in my place" was a spammer who was kicked off the forum for trying to sell a book and creating multiple fake accounts to try to provide the illusion of support and credibility to himself.
(they can see IP addresses when you join... and we see this tactic every few months)

Last edited:
Why do these marketer guys get so defensive?

As far as I can see it was only pointed out that it was one marketer responding to another. Kinda typical marketer behavior. No big deal.

I get it, you pitch Allianz. Great, just say it and everyone will relax. Just share your Allianz expertise and how they fit in certain areas.

Why do these marketer guys get so defensive?

As far as I can see it was only pointed out that it was one marketer responding to another. Kinda typical marketer behavior. No big deal.

I get it, you pitch Allianz. Great, just say it and everyone will relax. Just share your Allianz expertise and how they fit in certain areas.
It has been addressed and its done. Again, I'm not a marketer. I don't know why Allianz is coming up. I know I talked about it in a previous thread (which was not started by me) but I don't know what that has to do with my question here. I wasn't asking the question to reply with my idea. It really was just as simple as asking a question.

It has been addressed and its done. Again, I'm not a marketer.

The FMO sounds great since it is not owned by Allianz and can offer the preferred products.

I bet a lot of agents could benefit from that,

What is their name?

I don't know why Allianz is coming up. I know I talked about it in a previous thread (which was not started by me)

You talked about Allianz. You think highly of Allianz for the situations you mentioned on those threads. Nothing wrong with that?

Last edited:
Well there are plenty out there that aren't owned by Allianz I'm sure. Again, I choose not to say who I'm with because I am not using this as a recruiting tool. I am merely using this as a way to participate in conversation about annuity products. I do appreciate you asking though

Back