IMO/FMO Mentorship For Agents

Shannon M Ming

Are there any IMO/FMO up lines out there that actually Mentor, support train and work with their downlines/agents underneath them? I’ve had my fill of companies telling me how great they are in terms of support and mentoring, and then they disappear once I sign up.

Are there any IMO/FMO up lines out there that actually Mentor, support train and work with their downlines/agents underneath them? I’ve had my fill of companies telling me how great they are in terms of support and mentoring, and then they disappear once I sign up.

To answer your questions, no, I don't know of any FMO/IMO that is an incubation center that will train someone to be an entrepreneur.

Everyone I know of (and some personally) that has a marketing organization as you described started out as a street level agent and worked their way up. At some point they decided they would either break away and become an independent, successful producer or they started their own marketing/training/recruiting agency.

Hi Shannon,

We really do our best to support our agents at the level they need. Of course, there are some things Independent Agents need to do on their own - like make the calls and go on the appointments. But we do everything we can to give you the skill-set to operate on your own. Give a ring and we can talk about what you're looking for - (800) 562-7733. We may be able to provide what you are looking for.

Last edited:
I’ve had my fill of companies telling me how great they are in terms of support and mentoring, and then they disappear once I sign up.

I am with an IMO that has two Zoom sales trainign calls each week - one focusedprimarily on Final Expense and other life products and slaes, and the other on Medicare (primarily medicare advantage).

There are trainers who will fly out to you to run appointments with you so long as you buy leads and set appointments.

Every morning you can listen live as one of the agents calls his leads to set appointments.

If you can't afford leads or set appointments, you can fly to a trainer who will help you learn to set appointments and run those appointments.

Some agents take advanatage of the training that is offered and kill it. Others don't take advanatage of any of the training, fail out, and ask for releases to another IMO where they can fail out again.

My upline is @SPUR CITY (Matt Mungia in real life).

How many IMO's have you been with so far? At some point, the problem isn't the IMO, you know?

@Shannon M Ming perhaps I am mis-reading your post, but this is your 4th post in almost a year. It seems like you are still seeking a "home". Not just someone to help you get off the ground as a producer, but also how to recruit agents and develop a downline.

As one who has been a carrier rep, insurance wholesaler, worked in an agency as a captive, and as a broker, then now (for the last 25 years) on my own, I have seen just about everything there is to see. Since going alone I also had a downline that I built from scratch. I made very good money but also discovered recruiting is a game of replacing the good guys that move on, training them, etc.

It is an endless cycle.

If you are not constantly recruiting, training, cleaning up messes made by your downline, etc. you will eventually lose what you have worked so hard to build.

There are no free lunches in this game.

My words may seem harsh but it seems like you are looking for the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow and that may never happen for you.

As @DayTimer said, it may be that the problem is not the IMO.

Last edited:
Thanks for the hat tip DayTimer!

I am with an IMO that has two Zoom sales trainign calls each week - one focusedprimarily on Final Expense and other life products and slaes, and the other on Medicare (primarily medicare advantage).

There are trainers who will fly out to you to run appointments with you so long as you buy leads and set appointments.

Every morning you can listen live as one of the agents calls his leads to set appointments.

If you can't afford leads or set appointments, you can fly to a trainer who will help you learn to set appointments and run those appointments.

Some agents take advanatage of the training that is offered and kill it. Others don't take advanatage of any of the training, fail out, and ask for releases to another IMO where they can fail out again.

My upline is @SPUR CITY (Matt Mungia in real life).

How many IMO's have you been with so far? At some point, the problem isn't the IMO, you know?

Back