Incarceration = LQE?

He was calling you to see if he could get it cheaper than $100 a month....what a slime a$$....unreal.....there are way too many other people to help than waste time with these types. He didn't want to take their offer because he knew it would be ALL on him. He wants to get you involved so he can play pin the tail on the donkey. no pun.

Resurrecting this. I had an email from HHS a week or so ago about an update or change to the SEP for incarceration. I did not read or click on link and have accidentally deleted. Can someone answer if there was a change to the incarceration SEP please?

Resurrecting this. I had an email from HHS a week or so ago about an update or change to the SEP for incarceration. I did not read or click on link and have accidentally deleted. Can someone answer if there was a change to the incarceration SEP please?

BlueDiamond, here is what CMS says about the revised/clarified Incarceration-related SEP in its May 6, 2016 update. I don't see anything different, but your eagle eye might..

"We are also making conforming changes to ensure that individuals who were incarcerated, or were previously in the coverage gap in a non-Medicaid expansion state and have moved and become newly eligible for advance payments of the premium tax credit (both of whom would previously have qualified for the permanent move SEP) may continue to qualify for a special enrollment period. Because these individuals were previously unable to have minimum essential coverage or exempt from having minimum essential coverage prior to the qualifying event that qualifies them for this SEP, we are not requiring that they had prior minimum essential coverage to qualify for an SEP."

Source: https://www.cms.gov/Newsroom/MediaReleaseDatabase/Fact-sheets/2016-Fact-sheets-items/2016-05-06.html

Back