Individual Accident Insurance

Thank you. Those are the guys that often can't afford to go 90 days.

Wonder how long the claims take through MoO.

lol on the panicky wife and transmission issue. Hope that gets fixed easily. :)

Wonder how long the claims take through MoO.

lol on the panicky wife and transmission issue. Hope that gets fixed easily. :)

Looks like it was the linkage hopefully not to bad. I also appreciate your example because shown the way you presented it gives it a lot of sizzle for the premium.

Could you explain the appeal of acciflex over Mutual of Omahas accident only di? When I run the numbers for a 90 elimination period moo comes out ahead with more flexibility on Elimination periods and benefit periods and benefit amount.
It's all I had in my bag at the time. MoO sounds like a good plan especially with zero elimination period. Acciflex also gives you up to $250,000 in accident only term though.

----------

What made you stop focusing on selling the acciflex? I write assurity too. Love it.
Transitioned into the senior market.

----------

In my experience the guys that can't afford to go 90 days are the ones that lapse their policies on a fairly consistent basis! DI is the first thing to go when the SHTF!

It's all I had in my bag at the time. MoO sounds like a good plan especially with zero elimination period. Acciflex also gives you up to $250,000 in accident only term though.

----------

Transitioned into the senior market.

----------

In my experience the guys that can't afford to go 90 days are the ones that lapse their policies on a fairly consistent basis! DI is the first thing to go when the SHTF!

In the example give for the acciflex loaded up with benefits at $53 a month the accident di portion was $9 a month with MoO you could keep the premium the same and shorten the elimination period or you could even bump up to true Short term DI just decrease the benefit period a little bit.

Thank you Norway!!!

Thomas, I agree, those guys who can't afford 90 elim period, are the ones who lapse their policies, and this guy would probably do that even before his gym membership. He's also stuck on how he loves his Combined...haha, since it's only $16 a month--I didn't get into that with him on the phone, but will when I see him. Even the base policy of either MoO or Assurity would be better than that.

I probably will get contracted with MoO. It all makes sense and does serve a purpose.

Thanks a bunch. That's why I came back to this forum--to learn more about what's out there and which route to take post ACA. :)

Thomas, yes, it seems a lot of people transitioned into the senior market. I was thinking about that myself. Seems like a lot of headache with all the AHIP and rules and regs. I do see that it would be profitable. I hope that's all working out for you. :)

For some reason I shy away from the senior market. Well, the reasons are plenty...fixed incomes, too many rules and regs, when I can barely keep up with all the other changes..and, it would make me think daily about my own mortality...lol. Some people are very good at it though and I admire those people. IF there was no choice I would do it.

I am in Illinois. I'm looking for an accident plan with benefits as rich as what is sold in worksite marketing. Most of them are just glorified AD&D

I am also in your area & looking for a cheap policy. I have talked with many insurer but all are asking for higher premium. Worried!!!:SLEEP:

Back