Indy is not an option, help needed.

Thanks! I think you're right, I may be throwing the Indy towel in too quickly, I've painted myself into a corner and I wish I'd found this site much sooner. I'm here now though and feel hopeful for the first time in months. Thanks again, I will update.
In addition to @Todd King whom @goillini52 suggested, I would suiggest you talk to Matt Mungia @SPUR CITY, @Jose Arteaga, and @Newby here on the forum before you make any hasty decisions. If you can get in touch with him, @jdeasy is a vet who could give you some solid insight as well (he is with Newby's organization, FEX Contracting).

I would then reach out to me via a PM and I'll help you figure yourself out. Full disclosure, I am with Matt Mungia myself, but I do not recruit and I have no stake in where you end up. I made a bad decision or two along the way myself and I'll be happy to help anyone get out of that cycle of doom.

Imo, some of the best choices are folks you will find on this forum. Don't be in a hurry. Make your next decision a profitable one.

Best of luck to you!
One more question. Do any of the agencies you mentioned offer alternatives FE door to door, that is not for me and I know that without a doubt. Thank you.

Do any of the agencies you mentioned offer alternatives FE door to door, that is not for me and I know that without a doubt. Thank you.

Most of them encourage agents to call through their leads, set appointments by phone, and then run the appointment face to face.

FWIW, I door knock only and I will never go back to trying to set FE appointments over the phone. If you know what you are doing, door knocking is the best way of life for an agent, imo.

But most if not all of those I refer to above will disagree with me, some of them quite strongly.

Keep an open mind, however. Door knocking may yet be your path to salvation. You just don't know it yet.

Most of them encourage agents to call through their leads, set appointments by phone, and then run the appointment face to face.

FWIW, I door knock only and I will never go back to trying to set FE appointments over the phone. If you know what you are doing, door knocking is the best way of life for an agent, imo.

But most if not all of those I refer to above will disagree with me, some of them quite strongly.

Keep an open mind, however. Door knocking may yet be your path to salvation. You just don't know it yet.

I see what you mean, I need to give it a good solid go with the proper training and support, before I just take it off the table. Starting fresh, no preconceived ideas.

I thought a lot of places recommended in this thread don't want to take on people with no money to invest in their practice.
If you're looking to go captive with a training program I'd suggest to figure out if you want specialize in life or health. Many people on here started at places like NY Life, MassMutual, Guardian, NML, Metlife, or health selling medicare for UnitedHealthcare etc..

I thought a lot of places recommended in this thread don't want to take on people with no money to invest in their practice.
If you're looking to go captive with a training program I'd suggest to figure out if you want specialize in life or health. Many people on here started at places like NY Life, MassMutual, Guardian, NML, Metlife, or health selling medicare for UnitedHealthcare etc..

I’m going down the list of suggestions, it does look like I’d have to have the cash for Leads and other things which I don’t have right now.

I am a newly widowed parent with kids under 10. So that is why I thought about going captive with a good health insurance co. and build up my savings again to go Indy when it’s possible.

I don’t want to give up on FE and Life because of a bad partnership. I don’t want to give up on insurance sales at all. I worked very hard for my license as we all do, and I know I will be great at this, just need to regroup and figure out plan B.

Sorry to get personal here, just wanted to explain why I am all over place.

I don't believe you are ready to be an agent, you might be better off as a salaried/hourly paid producer for a successful agent or you need to find a call center and take incoming calls. Either way, you need to take sales courses and learn a sales system to improve your sales technique.

I don't believe you are ready to be an agent, you might be better off as a salaried/hourly paid producer for a successful agent or you need to find a call center and take incoming calls. Either way, you need to take sales courses and learn a sales system to improve your sales technique.
Thank you Mike.
Any suggestions on Salary+Commission health insurance companies?

I am not opposed to giving up a percentage of my commissions, in order to have even a small steady paycheck, I think good training and experience has a lot of value.

Anyone that is hiring with a salary or hourly pay is going to be local. You will be working as an assistant or a producer at their office and under their contracts. You'll be clocking in and out because you'll be an employee. You'll have to check your local Help Wanted. There should be plenty of successful insurance agency in your local area looking for help.

Once you understand the business, honed your skills, and have more capital, you can move out on your own and do your own things.

Back