Indy is not an option, help needed.

Agent2019

Expert
Hi, I am a new Life & Health agent.
I have been reading here for a while and I know the majority of members are Independent, but that is not an option for me financially.
I would like to get some advice on the best companies to be a captive Health insurance agent.

Last year I went with an IMO and I spent a big chunk of money on what I now know were junk FE leads, start up cost, and training that I thought would be valuable. I failed miserably and learned a hard lesson or 10.

What I am looking for: Training, Leads, Health (U65 and Medicare Supps)
What I would like to avoid: Door2Door, Medicare Advantage, FE

Thanks.

Contact Todd King on the Forum.:yes:
Thank you Goillini52 -That's an IMO/FMO right? I think I looked at his site before, my problem is I don't have $$$ for Leads or anything else, so I am looking for the best case scenario captive companies.

What I am looking for: Training, Leads, Health (U65 and Medicare Supps)
What I would like to avoid: Door2Door, Medicare Advantage, FE

Let me ask you, what IMO are/were you with?

What kind of leads were you buying and at what price?

Were you products were you selling?

I'm not being nosy, but I may be able to suggest a few folks to speak to but I'd like to know more about you first to make a better recommendation.

Let me ask you, what IMO are/were you with?

What kind of leads were you buying and at what price?

Were you products were you selling?

I'm not being nosy, but I may be able to suggest a few folks to speak to but I'd like to know more about you first to make a better recommendation.

Final Expense only, I am still contracted with them, just 2 carriers Trans America and Gerber, it's a small agency here in Texas. I paid between $20-40 for Facebook, Direct Mail Leads. I also bought a start up kit which was $250, business cards etcetera.

Training is minimal to say the least, after having to beg for help I went on 2 ride alongs with agents over 4 hours away from me and I learned very little. Door knocking cold calls, and no sales either day.
I hoped since the agency was small I would have access to training and support.
Just a bad deal, I know better now.

Just a bad deal, I know better now.

In addition to @Todd King whom @goillini52 suggested, I would suiggest you talk to Matt Mungia @SPUR CITY, @Jose Arteaga, and @Newby here on the forum before you make any hasty decisions. If you can get in touch with him, @jdeasy is a vet who could give you some solid insight as well (he is with Newby's organization, FEX Contracting).

I would then reach out to me via a PM and I'll help you figure yourself out. Full disclosure, I am with Matt Mungia myself, but I do not recruit and I have no stake in where you end up. I made a bad decision or two along the way myself and I'll be happy to help anyone get out of that cycle of doom.

Imo, some of the best choices are folks you will find on this forum. Don't be in a hurry. Make your next decision a profitable one.

Best of luck to you!

In addition to @Todd King whom @goillini52 suggested, I would suiggest you talk to Matt Mungia @SPUR CITY, @Jose Arteaga, and @Newby here on the forum before you make any hasty decisions. If you can get in touch with him, @jdeasy is a vet who could give you some solid insight as well (he is with Newby's organization, FEX Contracting).

I would then reach out to me via a PM and I'll help you figure yourself out. Full disclosure, I am with Matt Mungia myself, but I do not recruit and I have no stake in where you end up. I made a bad decision or two along the way myself and I'll be happy to help anyone get out of that cycle of doom.

Imo, some of the best choices are folks you will find on this forum. Don't be in a hurry. Make your next decision a profitable one.

Best of luck to you!
Thanks! I think you're right, I may be throwing the Indy towel in too quickly, I've painted myself into a corner and I wish I'd found this site much sooner. I'm here now though and feel hopeful for the first time in months. Thanks again, I will update.

Back