"Innovative" F Plan 20 Characters

I'm still scratching my head over this. According to the Jan 1st California rate sheet, for a T65, Plan F would be $136.62, Innovative F $122.62. Why would I sell regular F?? I'm assuming "Innovative F" skirts the MACRA law?

I'm still scratching my head over this. According to the Jan 1st California rate sheet, for a T65, Plan F would be $136.62, Innovative F $122.62. Why would I sell regular F?? I'm assuming "Innovative F" skirts the MACRA law?
I haven't sold medicare supplement for many years but I heard the term "Innovative Plan F" years ago. Is this not something that has been around for a long time.

Several years ago Physicians Mutual came out with an innovative Plan F (or HD-F) in which the HD-F deductible goes away after a few years and becomes a regular F.

By that time, their plans were so highly priced that it may have been about the only competitive thing their agents could offer.

Here is an article about it. Wonder why more companies don't offer it in order to compete with the MA plans "extra" benefits?

Medicare Supplement Innovative Plan F

I guess some of this may depend on the area, but I haven't found that things like Plan N that are supposed to be attractive to MA prospects are any more attractive than Plan G, etc. If they can afford a supp, the choice is between greater access to care and predictable payments vs zero premium and whatever other benefits MA plans offer, which outside of major metro often aren't that much. The companies may figure that it won't make much of a difference.

for a T65, Plan F would be $136.62, Innovative F $122.62.

Well then, maybe I was a bit hasty in using the term overpriced to describe plan F . . .

I haven't found that things like Plan N that are supposed to be attractive to MA prospects are any more attractive than Plan G

MOST of my prospective clients weighing MA vs Medigap go with G, but a few will pick N for various reasons. And most of the time they pick Medigap over MA for the physician choice, not the monthly premium.

In my area at least. the "added benefits" (dental, vision, etc) are not enough to sway an informed buyer. Silver Sneakers is an exception and some of the MA and Medigap carriers offer SS. If someone really wants SS and is willing to pay the higher Medigap premium to get a carrier offering SS, I won't stand in their way.

You just heard the word "Anthem" and the first thing that came to you was "over priced".

Guilty!

They are overpriced here and I have yet to see an F plan (here) that delivers the value to justify the premium . . . regardless of the carrier

Back