Insurance Agent While at University

lemerle

Hi,

I have a meeting with a sunlife agent. I want to know if it could be a good idea to work in the insurance while at school. Since Im in Finance, i think it can be a good experience and pay me , at least egal to working at a mcdonald

what do you think ?

Hi,

I have a meeting with a sunlife agent. I want to know if it could be a good idea to work in the insurance while at school. Since Im in Finance, i think it can be a good experience and pay me , at least egal to working at a mcdonald

what do you think ?

What do you have to lose? I think it is a great idea! Go for it. Even if you don't like it you will learn a lot and will benefit more from it than you would say working at a fast food joint. You may find a career.

I am in Grad school right now finishing up my second master's degree.

I wish someone would have told me about insurance sooner.

I'm not going to paint a rosy too-good-to-be-true picture, but my schedule has only allowed for a limited number of working hours each week because I'm taking 12 credits. I've been able to bring in a consistent amount weekly which is more than sufficient to (1) pay for school (2) feed myself and my family and (3) pay for any marketing expenses. My wife and I have even celebrated a few bigger sales by nice dinners, but we keep a tight budget. I do all of this by working a few hours in the afternoons. I'm not rich or anything like that, but could McDonals ever give you:
(a) the Flexibility of insurance - you make your own schedule or,
(b) the profit potential?
I doubt it.

Sell one or two policies each week in the life market (many agents recommend Final Expense for new guys...this is the market I chose) and you'll be doing just fine. Learn from the Gurus on the boards, I learned a ton from them by reading the forum in the evenings.

The biggest thing you may need a line of credit for is your coffee :laugh: I found hitting Starbucks as soon as they opened (5am here) to study and staying up late to study allowed me to dedicate my afternoons to insurance, without school distractions.

In short, it is possible and I'm glad I did it. I transition to full time in insurance in about 2 weeks because I'll be completely done. I can't wait!

Good luck.

Yeah, it's a better idea than working at a fast food or a slavejob, I will learn a lot more I think

I will give it a try !

Back