Insurance Appt Setter for 3 Years..wanting to Be an AGENT! HELP!

But I never said I had no money to put toward it. I do have some saved and am willing.

My previous comment was only meant as some financial resources are required. You implied in your first post that it shouldn't make a difference, obviously, you have planned ahead. Thats a good thing!!!!

I've watched a lot of people come and go in this profession. Its not easy, but understanding the obstacles and having a plan to get around them is much better than running a sprint blindfolded and running into the brick wall :)

Marketing money is an obstacle. Lots of ways around this if you plan. Same with virtually anything else.

Dan

That being on your record could stop you from getting advances on your commission. Other than that, many companies will allow it while others will deny you.

Go with the ones that accept you and GOOD LUCK!

for me, it was a non-issue. i can't speak to the BK, but i know that the discharge date is the magic number that should be circled on your calendar.

as far as the criminal record goes, if your state insurance commish has a problem with it, take him to admin review, if necessary. i had a driving w suspended myself, and simply wrote a letter to the state. no questions asked, and after i passed my test, they promptly sent my license.

good luck, and don't give up.

There are a good number of companies that are much more lenient with credit issues than others. Some figure if you pass the state's background check for licensure that is good enough for them. You could maybe start with some of them and after your credit issues are resolved, look elsewhere.

Back