Insurance License Question

fearsback

Guru
100+ Post Club
I currently hold a 2-15 and 2-20 license in Florida and was debating on moving to California. I was wondering if my insurance licenses would carry over to California, or would I have to retake the courses or get an additional license. Thank you in advance for all your help.

If you move to CA, you will have to take the exam and likely 52 hours of prelicensing. You can only have a non-resident license without passing the test.

But, this state is full up with agents. There is a waiting list that is quite long. But if you will send me $1,500 I will try to move you up. I can guarantee your ability to at least apply for a resident license, but it will cost you more.

Rick

Cali laws have changed.. Get a nonresident before moving to Calif. Of course contact the ins. dept. to make sure.

http://www.insurance.ca.gov/0200-industry/0120-notices/upload/NoticeLegislativeChanges2008-2.pdf

I would think you could do the 12 hours of ethics online..

Since I'm already here and licensed as a resident since the beginning of time, I was not aware that the state would waive the test.

But my original statement still holds. We already have too many agents and I don't know if we can issue additional licenses. Stay out!:yes:

Rick

Since I'm already here and licensed as a resident since the beginning of time, I was not aware that the state would waive the test.

But my original statement still holds. We already have too many agents and I don't know if we can issue additional licenses. Stay out!:yes:

Rick

Now is that the attitude to have as California's Next Commissioner of Insurance (or whatever you call it)? As a future elected official I would think you would be more courteous to future agents your Agency will oversee :yes:

Rick

If you are the next commissioner you will want MORE agents. It will be more revenue for your office.

Now is that the attitude to have as California's Next Commissioner of Insurance (or whatever you call it)? As a future elected official I would think you would be more courteous to future agents your Agency will oversee :yes:

Pretty sure he got the sarcasm.

But you're right. I only am about 2.5 million votes short of winning so maybe I should be hoping more people move to the state and vote for me.

If you are the next commissioner you will want MORE agents. It will be more revenue for your office.

But as a Libertarian, I would love to see a much smaller DOI and would expect to severely cut the budget.

Rick

Last edited:
Back