Insurance License Suspended over failure to pay College Loans

The state will shut down other businesses at will as well.

ABC threatened small restaurants and bars over Covid restrictions. Then wanted City and county police and sheriffs to enforce. Arguably at the direction of the California governor.

Then why aren't there tens of thousands of people making $60k to bring people's mail in for them? Is it some great missed economic opportunity?

No, because people don't think that's worth paying for, and the fact that the people who would be doing it are "human beings" doesn't change the value of the work in anyone's eyes. Hell, more people would be willing to buy a robot that does it than pay for that service.

When you jack up of the cost of doing business like you're proposing, for a lot of small business owners (and some big), the $ left over becomes not worth running a business. Then the people who worked there have no job/$, and Amazon and Walmart aren't prepared to pay every able worker in the country a "living wage". So, what then?

If you think shrinking the job market to just giant corporations and the most profitable businesses is a good idea for the average Joe, I don't know what to tell you.

Who is creating useless jobs? You gave the example, not me.

If you personally think low wage jobs are "useless", then I assume you do not use any services that utilize low wage labor....

Who is creating useless jobs? You gave the example, not me.

If you personally think low wage jobs are "useless", then I assume you do not use any services that utilize low wage labor....

My entire point is they are NOT useless (they're very important), but there is a point at which labor cost of $20/hr makes running many businesses not worth it for the people running them, and then those businesses/jobs cease to exist. There are wealthier areas where customers aren't pushed away by price increases but there are many less-wealthy places where they are.

I was responding to someone who said the massive worker shortage in multiple industries was merely the result of workers having time to look for better jobs. This is NOT the case. Low wages have not just been the result of people being so overworked they don't realize there's someone else trying to pay them double.

There’s no argument on inflation . Key inflation metric released today highest in 29 yrs . Costco in earnings call say prices skying in moist areas . Meat up 20%. As i said inflation is a psychological tsunami . When you see prices skying it becomes engraved in your mind and you raise your prices. It’s a vicious loop back event. Why do you think the fed tries so hard to downplay inflation lately. They know once it becomes engraved in people its so hard to reverse .

There’s no argument on inflation . Key inflation metric released today highest in 29 yrs . Costco in earnings call say prices skying in moist areas . Meat up 20%. As i said inflation is a psychological tsunami . When you see prices skying it becomes engraved in your mind and you raise your prices. It’s a vicious loop back event. Why do you think the fed tries so hard to downplay inflation lately. They know once it becomes engraved in people its so hard to reverse .
I'm not going to argue that there is inflation.

The fed downplays it because it's the government's fault. We knew we'd have to pay the piper after years of printing money to keep the stock market happy.

My point was that it isn't being caused by higher wages.

Back