1. CHUMPS FROM OXFORD

CHUMPS FROM OXFORD Guru

State:
    Ohio
  2. indmedins

indmedins Guru

State:
    Florida
    Probably an affiliate site that gets paid for referring customers. When someone clicks and signs up, that affiliate gets paid.

3. TXINSURANCE

TXINSURANCE Guru

I wish they would list the fact that your information will be sold 9 to 20 times, that would certainly attract consumers.

4. Aaron_4SIGHT

Aaron_4SIGHT Guru

State:
    Washington
    Yeah, looks like an affiliate site. This kind of thing encourages tire kickers, but it also makes being a real human being a competitive advantage!

5. getlocalinsurance

getlocalinsurance New Member

Kind of odd that NetQuote wasn't #1, do they know about that site? I've been on their waiting list for 2 years now, I thought they were the biggest and best.

6. CHUMPS FROM OXFORD

CHUMPS FROM OXFORD Guru

State:
    Ohio
    What areas are you on their waiting list for? Two years is a long time when they sell to 5-45 brokers per lead.

Warning: slight embellishment used in this post

7. djs

djs Super Moderator Moderator

State:
    California
    In my area, you can wait to get netquote leads. Two years is probably about normal. Of course, I think this problem only exist for captive P&C agents, since they won't sell the same lead to the same captive company twice (so they claim).

You can, of course, get leads if you say you're independent, but then, you are competing against your own company and 42 other independents. Probably not worth it.

Yes, I may have embellished a bit also. We all know they don't sell to more than 35 agents.

Dan

djs, Dec 5, 2008