Insured's Crafting Own Coi's or Documents

Happens to me all the time with my taxi drivers.

They tell me they don't care about coverage they just want a cert for the city, so lots of times they just make their own.

Guess that's why there was a carrier years ago who wrote "phantom coverage" for taxi guys.. use to put 100/300 limits on the policies with $100k deductibles.. no coverage but you still get premium for basically a cert .. of course they all went to jail.

The worst part is the morons in the cities, gov't agencies, etc that are asking for these certs and just paper pushers and barely look at them.

I sent one before and the girl called me and said "we need atleast $1M in auto liability coverage" .. keep in mind this policy we wrote it as 100/300 underlying but then a $5M umbrella!!! I said hun you got way better than that!!! They do not even know how to read the certs.

I have seen several forged paystubs and utility bills being used for proof of address. I called one guy out on it and told him it was so bad that there was no way I could forward that to the carrier. The dude told me the trouble was his old agent always "fixed up" proof of address for him.

I had suspicions he did not live in my area and was using a family/friend's address but that confirmed it.

One would think they learned. ADOT just sent me renewal request for the renewing term coi, and they nice to attached the one they received last year. The insured once again forged the policy information about the work comp.

I called them out last year and assumed they obtained WC elsewhere.

Have to escalate this one. Fool me once, fool me twice....

^ Except the coi produced in your example was valid at the time it was issued. This is forgery for a policy that has been oof for over a year, and if I could share it, you would all agree it is poorly done. It was only caught because the vendor is now requiring the WOS endorsement to be attached. Maybe by now the insured will have created one of those too!

^ Except the coi produced in your example was valid at the time it was issued. This is forgery for a policy that has been oof for over a year, and if I could share it, you would all agree it is poorly done. It was only caught because the vendor is now requiring the WOS endorsement to be attached. Maybe by now the insured will have created one of those too!

Agreed. I'm just feeling salty about WC in general :)

My agency owner is pondering whether or not to demand payment in full on new WC to avoid the coi-and-dash dirtbags. Someone else can service that market

Back