Insurehive.com

Jury is still out for me. The reason I signed up with them is because they supposedly give you limited access codes to run their carriers through your own rater. No binding authority of course, justveliminates redundancy. To me, this provides an advantage over other wholesalers especially when it comes to the speed of binding. I understand it takes some time to set that up so I've been using they're normal quoting for now but if I stay with them that will have to materialize otherwise I'm just as well off with other wholesalers I already use. Their online quoting engine doesn't seem to be refined quite yet and still requires third party intervention for a soft quote which I am not a fan of. Otherwise their folks are very friendly and helpful.

Last edited:
yes - they are ok, but if you like a more online technology platform to write business faster and a dedicated underwriter that works weekends- InsureHive is the Beez- Kneez.:biggrin:

----------

Jury is still out for me. The reason I signed up with them is because they supposedly give you limited access codes to run their carriers through your own rater. No binding authority of course, justveliminates redundancy. To me, this provides an advantage over other wholesalers especially when it comes to the speed of binding. I understand it takes some time to set that up so I've been using they're normal quoting for now but if I stay with them that will have to materialize otherwise I'm just as well off with other wholesalers I already use. Their online quoting engine doesn't seem to be refined quite yet and still requires third party intervention for a soft quote which I am not a fan of. Otherwise their folks are very friendly and helpful.

in certain states the InsureHive real time comparative rater is in Beta. But we can quote & bind home or auto insurance in 9 minutes _ For Real ( that is avg) we did a package today in IL in under 7 minutes...:1cool: But we love to earn your business any way we can help. because speed counts in the Hive!

What is the commission split at InsureHive? Is there a monthly access fee or technology fee?

They pissed me off today. Or maybe it was just the dude I had to deal with.

The salesperson I used to deal with at Insurehive was pretty cool. I was told from the get-go that they don't have their own guidelines they set above and beyond what the carrier requires. This is important because in my area, there are a TON of "standard" profile risk individuals, who won't fit with some wholesalers because of their prior limits, etc.

Even so, I didn't intend to place state min type business with them, but I could use a market to place Allied that didn't require 100/300 prior limits.

Well, the person I deal with got canned and the new person I am dealing with at Insurehive refuses to write any risks without completely unnecessary coverage levels - I get my client to agree to it, and then to top it off, they refuse to bind coverage stating that Allied "requires" an affinity organization membership, and tries to hawk an AARP membership off on her.
15 bucks isn't much, but there's really no point to this. I don't need somebody fighting with me when trying to place business.

They have been ok to work with. The commission split is what makes it hard for me.

----------

It usually takes hours to a day for a quote. You can use their rater for some of the companies they have.

Back