Integrity just bought CSG actuarial . There going to control senior mkt.

I wonder if the transition to remote (phone) sales has matured yet and how many agents that were F2F guys and gals have converted. How much has that reluctance to come into the digital age has impacted revenues . . . at the FMO level and down.

Some B&M retail (not insurance) companies made major investments in new stores and revamping existing square footage before the 2020 panic-demic. A lot of them bet on the wrong side and some lost big time . . . down for the count and never came back.

Not all agents are light on their feet and can't/won't make adjustments when the market shifts. Some are still old school door knocking and beating the few leads they get to death in hopes of making a sale. So much easier (and more profitable) to go with the flow and work remotely.

Find a fishing hole, use the right bait, and wait on the fish to come to you vs jumping in the water and trying to catch them by hand or spearfishing.

I'm not sure it has fully matured, but there are a bunch of agents selling by phone that were not before. That includes Med Supps, Med Advantage, FE, etc.

And some agents....poof! Gone!

To add to this question: does it make sense to assume that this buying of FMOs make it easier to control the transparency of carrier commission grids so they can farm agents by restricting their ability to negotiate fair compensation? I mean I was just yesterday trying to acquire the full street level grids from a carrier and they of course directed me back to the BGA citing it was a policy of courtesy to the BGA’s so they can decide how transparent they want to be and how much they want their agents or agencies to know. For agents contracting with our IMO we prove theyre receiving the top street level from the start by send them the whole street level grid including the below street levels. We don’t give them my boss’s levels or grid as he is above street but they don’t need that to judge the fairness of their commissions level until they go write enough business to qualify for an above street level anyway. But for my boss… I want to pin down the bga override to confirm we have the best contracts and levels for him that we can get and can justify negotiating for. That all depends on the distance they put between our level and theirs and the override they assign to themselves on the back of his hard work. If it’s within reason then that’s just good business practices but if it’s a huge gap that serves only to make as much money off of us as they can get away with then it’s time to negotiate for better…. If we can’t find that info we can’t protect our autonomy and revenue
Doesn't AmeriLife own your IMO?

Back