Interesting Opinion on the Neasham Railroad Job

He involved the son, after the fact. I give him credit for making the attempt, but if the son had signed off, there probably wouldn't have been a case. The son, instead, became one of the red flags that was ignored in this case.

I'm also guessing, but I think the prosecutor used knowledge of the dementia by association. Without ever proving it to anyone, she proved it to the jurors.

I'd love to read the trial transcripts (well, not love, maybe be curious to read them). I can't connect all the dots on either part of this case.

Dan

Everyone, including his clueless lawyer, thought that he wouldn't be convicted. The problem was his clueless lawyer, didn't put on a good defense. he ASSUMED. To much. If he had a competent lawyer, He would not have been convicted. His lawyer gave him a traffic ticket defense. No i take that back, a traffic ticket lawyer would have been better.

After thirty years in the business, I’m so appreciative that my U4 is clean and that I’ve had no client complaints on my non FINRA insurance sales. I‘ve had long and meaningful conversations with industry stars and veterans with long standing, proven practices with impeccable records. But I’ve not meet one, who has had some regret on a sale or two in their career, me included. But whatever those regrets are, they are not on the basis on malicious intent to steal or defraud. I do not have white gloves, but I also don’t have hand cuffs.

We all appear to have common ground on one issue regarding Glenn…he shouldn’t do jail time. I’ve heard of mitigating issues in this case that give me pause to be sure, but so far that’s in the court of public option. If this case were not in California or Florida, the odds are high it would have landed in arbitration, where it belongs. But both states have tough elder laws on the books, punitive laws on senior predators. Laws that were crafted in response to the cruelty of unethical and heartless salespeople masquerading as concerned fiduciaries. Grandparent predators should be prosecuted to the full extent of the law and do time, serious time.

I’m not naïve to believe that mistakes may have been made; Glenn is human as am I. But I’m willing to wait on the appellant court decision and until such time to give Glenn the benefit of the doubt, something I’d want for myself. My cursory observation is that if Glenn has a reputable attorney, he will be acquitted. Why? There’s no intent to harm. Glenn could be inept, but malicious intent...no. One last thought here: On the other hand, if Glenn has been terminated by other carriers for consumer complaints or suitability issues, then those mitigating facts become part of a pattern of behavior that can tilt the appeals proceedings as well as the court of public opinion. Lack of intent can be circumvented by patterns of inappropriate sales, activity enough to be terminated by carriers…activity enough to be found guilty. I addressed issue with Paul Cross a couple of weeks ago.

My final word: I recently read industry patriarch Joe Belth’s article on Glenn in his popular newsletter. I’ve been reading Professor Belth’s newsletters for over twenty years and he is, without question, one of the great watchdog authorities in the insurance field during my lifetime. I’ve also read most every article written on Glenn by Sheryl Moore one of the established stars of the next generation of product experts and a dear friend of mine. Our firm purchases her index life and annuity surveillance software. It’s just the best. Whatever these two write I read. There words carry weight with me and thousands of others. Their read on Glenn’s case gives me pause to be sure. But I’m willing to wait. I have to wait. I can take no other course of action that I wouldn’t want applied to myself. So I wait.

Latest posts

Back