Interesting Opinion on the Neasham Railroad Job

it's the same old same old,everyone looks out from their own ass,screw everyone else.The insurance companies couldn't care less about agents.cause they are scared of insurance bureau's

Clearly anytime a client is up in age you should involve a relative of the client to be present for the sale.

I'm not so sure...I would make it a 100% type of thing and you will run into push back by some clients....Some clients don't want thier children to know what they have.

I think the real lesson here is to get the best legal representation. Based on the articles online and threads in this forum, I've concluded that Glen's legal representation was sub par.

People make very unsophisticated decisions when it comes to legal council. I believe this was the case here. He would be a FREE MAN RIGHT NOW if he found an attorney who was well versed in the industry AND one that knew the prosecutor and the judge personally. This would have gotten thrown out.

Insurance companies do not care the about procedure that their agents implement to gain business; they just want the assets that is why you are a contractor and not an employee. They cover themselves so you need to cover your own behind or make sure you are running an ethical practice rather than being a salesman.

In terms of the appeal. The U.S. Judicial system doesn't allow for a review of facts, it merely allows for overturning a lower courts decision by violation of the rules.

The actual charge against him may be simple semantics and some good legal wrangling on the behalf of the Prosecution (slap on what you reasonably think you can convict).

It's a terribly situation, but perception is reality, we know this better than other people tend to. The take away point: you need to be beyond suitability when the client is this old. It may not be fair, but we know how that goes.

Dan,

Fran had advanced dementia at the time of trial, almost three years after the sale. What you fail to realize is that the DOI investigator and the prosecutor failed to disclose a taped interview shortly after the initial complaint. In that taped interview she is very lucid. The prosecutors only admitted the existence of the tape after obtaining a dubious conviction. Hiding exculpatory evidence is grounds for a reversal and a new trail. Oh, and don't let the jurors who came forward after the trial and admitted to making up their mind before trial bother you. Or the jurors who stated they wanted to "make and example" out of the big bad insurance guy. And the fact that the "victim" has made over 45k since the sale.
Come on......

So I'm curious...would it be too late for US to contribute to a fund to help the guy out? You know, seeing as how the douchebag insurance companies completely left him high and dry?

Latest posts

Back