Internet Leads and Email account

If you really want to be anal, sit at the lead database management tool (comes with some lead brokers) and hit refresh every two seconds, it gets there a lot quicker than email.

Also, I cannot agree, it definitely has to do with the mail server.

Yahoo for instance, sends and receives emails really late, my girlfrend sends me an email, sitting next to me, I hit refresh and . . . nothing, ht check mail again and nothing, Yahoo sucks so I'm sure others suck as well. I even received an email on yahoo three hours after I was supposed to be on a conference call.

Now I use Optonline and Thunderbird and it's been awesome for "real time' leads. I can have a conversation via email and it feels like instant messengering, that's how quick it is.

I do not think that "the speed" of your email service matters very much at all.
The bottom line is that people do not want to sit next to their computer for hours on end, waiting for a lead to appear.
As sure as god made little green apples, the moment you leave your computer to take a leak, a lead will arrive.
The biggest advantage leadpod and the boiler rooms have, is that their agents have to be in front of their computer, that is what they are paid to do.
You have to have some kind of alert for your leads, cell phone etc, otherwise you will have no chance of being the first one to call. Many times my cell phone alert has arrived two or three minutes before the email. So anal or not, it pays to stay logged in to your lead providers website. As soon as the cell phone rings, refresh leads, and bingo you have a head start.

Leadpod gives you a life - walk around the house - grab some lunch - not worrying about calling the leads that come in.

You do need closing ability however or you'll take a huge bath.

Different ways to skin a cat. I close about 1 in 15 shared leads, but I don't even worry about when it hits my email. I have everything forwarded to my Yahoo account and I know it is the slowest, but I don't worry about being the first. I stress that I am local and only deal in MI.

But, in the back of my mind, I know I need to speed up the email. What are good web based email sites?

Back