Internet Leads

I also had proof that Netquote was selling leads to other lead services. There are still some decent lead sources out there that only sell to 2 or 3 agents. Still doesn't mean the client doesn't go onto a few different sites.

All in all I'd say leadco.biz was one of my favorite sites. Their credit policy is simply the best in the business and they can give you a high volume of leads (depending on how wide of an area you choose.)

about ProspectZone leads...

I have mentioned a few times on this Forum that Prospect Zone leads are HORRIBLE. I have DEFINITIVE proof that they resell leads within a few days of when you receive them.

I just wanted to address some of the comments about ProspectZone leads. You guys know that ProspectZone is our sister company. I sell just the Norvax/tech side of things, so I asked the director of lead generation about the policies for selling leads. This is what he emailed back to me:

“We do sell leads for a discount as aged, but we NEVER sell exclusive leads as aged, nor do we EVER sell a lead more than 5x”

I don’t know what your experience was exactly, Chumps From Oxford, but the company policy is no lead sold more than 5 times, and that includes regular leads and aged leads. Exclusive leads only go to one buyer, and are never sold as aged.

Chumps From Oxford – if you still have a leftover account balance with us, I would be happy to refund it for you. Normally you have 10 days after you get a bad lead to let us know so we can credit you. Just shoot me an email or call me and we can work out the details.

We stand behind the quality of our leads, which is why we offer the 10 day return policy. But to be clear, bad leads DO happen from time to time. That’s with any lead company out there, ProspectZone included.

And like a lot of you guys have been saying, the results you get from leads depends on a lot of factors, including your region, volume you’re working, your experience selling over the phone, etc. Some people make a lot of money off of internet leads, some people don’t find it’s worth their time. A lot depends on your business model.

Hope this helps clear things up.

D.J. Paris

[email protected]

Hi DJ and thanks for the note. I stand by my comments. It was easy to track the path of where the leads went, since I used a specific name for the account. It has been a while, so I am not requesting a refund.

Maybe things have changed...maybe not. I appreciate the loyalty to your sister company. I'm sure I would do the same. But I have found almost every other lead vendor to be superior, when you take into account rates, filters and quality.

Of course, I'm just one voice, and judging by the size of your company, I'm sure you have many satisfied customers.

Anyone have experience using internet leads for Senior products such as Med Supp & Final Expense?

I've mainly been using telemarketing & mailing lists, but have also been stalking the local Bingo halls. I have yet to try internet leads though. I think maybe I'm prejudging my prospects' abilities in internet navigation.

Yet when I put in a lead off a Norvax site thinking it was just gonna go to that agent (but I was in another state which means it got sold) I got contacted by 7 different agents and got a message from NetQuote thanking me for putting in a request through their site.

Why would I get a message from NetQuote after putting the info in through a Norvax site? And why did 7 different agents call me?

I don't get it. Why would netquote leads being automatically imported into Norvax cause a lead you loaded into a Norvax site to go to Netquote? Your example is the opposite of what the story is about.

Also, if you got 7 phone calls, odds are the lead was sold 9-10 times. For some reason, people buy leads and don't respond to them. I don't know what the percentage is, but I know it happens.

Of course, my guess is, somebody trying to make some money sold the prospectzone lead to netquote, which in turn caused the lead to be oversold. It's not always the lead company, it can be the agent who bought one of the leads.... this is, of course, unethical, and against the agreement they signed in getting the leads, but that doesn't mean it doesn't happen.

Dan

This is an easy situation to sum up. For I have bought thousands of dollars worth of leads over time. A few things to remember:

1. Lead costs - Is the lead shared or exclusive? With one company, they
were reselling my exclusive leads! Ouch their fired!

2. Receptive - Is the prospect receptive on the phone or did they just
answer an online survey? Believe it not, you are the client to the
marketing company here. The marketing firm uses the surverys and
other traffic to generate leads for you. If I keep hearing all that I did
was respond to a survey. You have a questionable lead program. That
company was fired!

3. Bad Lead Credit - The biggest issue of all. How will the lead company
handle this one! I have seen 15% credit back to none at all. No
company can filter out all the bad phone numbers and fake leads. Just
why should I have to pay for them?

4. Closing Ratio - Simply track expenses to profit on an excel
spreadsheet. One day you are making a great ROI ( Return on
investment ) and the following week you are in the hole.

5. Cross Sell - You have to cross sell everything you can! Remember to
include all other products in your spreadsheet.

6. Stick Rate - How long are these new clients staying on the books?
This can be a very scary factor when you are broke and trying to shell
out more marketing dollars.

7. Keep out there - If one company doesn't work for you, find another.
Personally, I am still on the hunt for the best lead source.

So any of you guru's selling leads out there can feel free to call me. Or any other agent needing help can do the same.

Insurance agent --salary...question

Are there any agents in Virginia (Front Royal area, or Winchester..) looking for a salaried position? Some comm. as well.

Back