Internet steadily becoming the way consumers learn about insurance products

Insurance Forums Staff

Guru
Sponsor
Insurance Forums Staff submitted a new article

bigstock-Man-Freelance-Social-Media-Con-285194428.jpg

When it comes to researching (and eventually buying) financial services products, LIMRA finds consumers increasingly expect their online experiences with agents and insurers to match their other online retail experiences.
Continue reading the Original Article.

This one line bothers me. "Increasingly consumers expect their online experiences with agents and financial services companies to match their other online retail experiences."

Life and/or health insurance is not really designed to be mass produced. One size does not really fit all. Call me old fashioned if you wish but the best way really is to sit down, either in person or over the phone, and have that conversation. We don't really know what our customers wants and needs are till we have that conversation.

The same folks that designed, implemented and manage hc.gov felt it was time to give the consumer that "online shopping experience". BHO made a video about finding a metal plan on the internet. He declared it was as simple as ordering an airline ticket.

How many folks buy a ticket from Atlanta to LA based on the lowest price only to discover there are two stops and layover time of 4 hours?

And our friends in DC also designed and implemented the new Medicare Plan Finder. A completely worthless tool.

What could possibly go wrong?

You can also learn much more about Russian meddling and aliens while your shopping for insurance... :yes:

You can also learn much more about Russian meddling and aliens while your shopping for insurance... :yes:

Don't you just hate it when the Russians meddle with Aliens? I always thought the Men In Black were supposed to take care of the Alien problem.

Personally, I use the internet to keep up with the Kardashian's.

The flawed assumption is that people "read".

Life insurance is NOTHING like auto or fire insurance which people want to buy. Life insurance is a grudge sale, something you buy that will not benefit you.

Back