Interstate Specialty Marketing, Anyone?

2112Greg

Guru
100+ Post Club
So I get this thing in the mail today. Almost threw it out after taking a quick glance, but I thought I'd check it out. It's an outfit that I've never heard of called Interstate Specialty Marketing. From what I can put together, they market basic financial products to, what looks to me like, federal/government employees.

I watched a couple of the videos on their site and it's kind of vague, talking about 'the insurance company' and crap like that. Looks pretty iffy, but I was wondering if you guys knew what they were on about or if you have/had any experience with them in the past. Doesn't look like it's up my alley, but I'm looking at alternatives given all the political goings on these days.

Their website is located here. There is a fee to get contracted, which always sends up red flags (unless it's 10 or 20 dollars). And the second page of the contracting paperwork, it's a loan agreement and how they reserve the right to stop paying if they wake up on the wrong side of the bed, etc.

Anyhoo, opinions?

So I get this thing in the mail today. Almost threw it out after taking a quick glance, but I thought I'd check it out. It's an outfit that I've never heard of called Interstate Specialty Marketing. From what I can put together, they market basic financial products to, what looks to me like, federal/government employees.

I watched a couple of the videos on their site and it's kind of vague, talking about 'the insurance company' and crap like that. Looks pretty iffy, but I was wondering if you guys knew what they were on about or if you have/had any experience with them in the past. Doesn't look like it's up my alley, but I'm looking at alternatives given all the political goings on these days.

Their website is located here. There is a fee to get contracted, which always sends up red flags (unless it's 10 or 20 dollars). And the second page of the contracting paperwork, it's a loan agreement and how they reserve the right to stop paying if they wake up on the wrong side of the bed, etc.

Anyhoo, opinions?
Hate to breathe live into an older thread but wanted to see if their was some recent activity on this company.

I have been looking at their FreedomFlex product recently. The only fee I see on the contract is the State appointment fee. Did you ever getmore info? It looks like an assoication type of sale to federal/private business members that has a term policy/annuity/mutual fund component to it for retirement savings.

Back