Interview with Family Heritage

Bozack23

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
So I had and interview with Family Heritage yesterday. It went well and I don't feel like I was fed a line of bull. Interviewer said it's not going to be easy and it's going to take a lot of hard work. Leads will be generated by going to small businesses and offering their line of supplemental insurance policies. Question is does anybody have any experience with selling these products and are Family Heritage products priced competitively in the market?

I interviewed with them once. They seemed to have a really impressive cancer policy, I imagine it would be competitive in the supplemental market. The interview I had didn't mention going to small businesses. They said they would teach you to prospect, but you would be door-knocking in residential areas to sell their cancer policies. They do have a stock ownership plan, though.

Family Heritage is strictly a residential door-to-door business. You'll mostly sell expensive-ish cash value cancer plans on a first call close basis. You'll put a lot of miles on your car and will be out of town for about a week out of every month.

It's not really an insurance job per se; it's more of a direct selling job. There are a lot of good people in the company though and you'll certainly learn to sell.

The area that I am in is a new market for Family Heritage and I was told because of that their focus was going to be on small businesses. Maybe in the areas where they have been for awhile they focus on residental door knocking? The stock options did seem like a good deal.

Interestingly, Family Heritage have just started hounding our local area recently.

From what I gather. Average policy is $60 per month and you get 30% with a six month advance.

Thats $108 per policy.

You would need to sell a lot of them to make any sort of decent living.

Was told avg policy is $65 and the pay is 30% with 7 months in advance. That is $234 with $140 up front the other $94 paid in months 8-12. Residuals start after 1st year at 2% and commission can get raised up to 45% and 4% residuals if you produce on a regular basis.

Was told avg policy is $65 and the pay is 30% with 7 months in advance. That is $234 with $140 up front the other $94 paid in months 8-12. Residuals start after 1st year at 2% and commission can get raised up to 45% and 4% residuals if you produce on a regular basis.

On a pure compensation basis, this is terrible UNLESS you're getting a lot of stock options.

If you aren't producing at a level that earns a significant amount of stock, you'd be much, much better doing something else.

Bump- update us please on this two year old thread. Did you take the job, bozack? They are now starting to push the life insurance around here, now they got my attention!!

Last edited:
If you want to sell cancer insurance, contact me and I can give you 50% FYC.... Oh wait, I quit recruiting years ago.. Contact me and I will tell you where to go to get 65% FYC with a 14% life time renewal.

Back