Iphone Vs Blackberry

AgentStone

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
I need to get a new phone and I'd like a step up in technology. My priority is to run online quotes when away from the office. Which will work best for this? Also, which network is best?
Over all opinion? Don't want to make a bad move... :GEEK:

don't know of an app that runs quotes on either. That being said, both have internet access and they can both access your online tools. Both have 3G, so I guess the difference is only price and network preference.

don't know of an app that runs quotes on either. That being said, both have internet access and they can both access your online tools. Both have 3G, so I guess the difference is only price and network preference.

Good tips!

Can I also suggest getting a Windows Mobile enabled phone?

There aren't any quoting apps for the iPhone that I know of, just a few captive-specific (and very watered down) FNAs. However, iPipeline, Compulife, and Norvax all pull up fine on my iPhone. They're a little unwieldy, but they get the job done.

Thanks for the suggestions so far...

Someone shared that the "touch screen" on the Iphone was very sensitive and therefore somewhat difficult to use and that the keyboard's letters were very close together making texting a bit of a challenge; any other input pertaining to this or other issues?:1baffled:

I have no problem with the Iphone keypad and the touch screen just takes some getting used too. I accidently x things off or open new screens that I didn't mean too.
The applications for the Iphone are great and new stuff coming all the time.

I wanted an Iphone!

When I dumped my blackberry for an iphone I was NEVER told you can't attach a PDF or doc to an email!!!

How friggin rediculous!

Even this spring I was told by the apple rep at florida mall that the new update would include email attachment capability.....

still waiting!!!

iphone is not a business phone. However if you want people to see your site and where to go it works awesome!

I got the iPhone and personally couldn't live without it for my business! The email and web access is great! I do wish they had an app for quoting, but perhaps that will come...someday.

I got the Iphone a short while back and am not only more than impressed, I don't see how I could leave the house without it.

I will say this - Apple does expose themselves a bit with the Iphone - part of the reason I'll never own a Mac. Case in point; the Iphone just got the ability to copy and paste. Wow...that technology has only been around for 10 years. Although it has a web browser it doesn't support Flash which means you can't watch video....except Youtube which exposes the huge Apple LIE that making it Flash compatible would cause it to be too slow.

You also better be in love with ATT and the insane and unjustified rates they charge for data, text and phone service. Apple really needs to get out of bed with ATT and open up the market.

I've never owned a Blackberry so I can't compare.

Last edited:
Back