IRMAA & PDP

Catastrophic phase at 0% copay starts in 2024
$2k OOP on PDP starts in 2025

And if your prescribed an expensive med, there's no guarantee it's on the formulary or that an exception will be made. True?

Had a client email me today, in high IRMAA bracket with no PDP plan for wife or himself, tell me again, he will not be buying a PDP plan this year..

Catastrophic phase at 0% copay starts in 2024
$2k OOP on PDP starts in 2025

And if your prescribed an expensive med, there's no guarantee it's on the formulary or that an exception will be made. True?

Had a client email me today, in high IRMAA bracket with no PDP plan for wife or himself, tell me again, he will not be buying a PDP plan this year..

If its cancer, they are going to make an exception.

As long as you get in writing, works for me.

But if they ask, I am going to tell them its a dumb idea to save $1200 a year for a $132K risk. And DAMNIT. I NEED THAT $50 COMMISH. Seriously. I will tell them that, too.

If its cancer, they are going to make an exception.

As long as you get in writing, works for me.

But if they ask, I am going to tell them its a dumb idea to save $1200 a year for a $132K risk. And DAMNIT. I NEED THAT $50 COMMISH. Seriously. I will tell them that, too.
HAHA. So, exception, you mean the PDP carrier will most likely do a formulary exception for expensive cancer drugs? I can't of course promise that. Now I am thinking of offering cancer insurance.
Getting in writing, interesting, and the kind of thing I did when I was a multi-line agent, as people often forgot they didn't want car rental added or that they dropped coverage or refused comp/collision on a vehicle.
This is coming up soon with a new client, will relate the issue to them.

HAHA. So, exception, you mean the PDP carrier will most likely do a formulary exception for expensive cancer drugs? I can't of course promise that. Now I am thinking of offering cancer insurance.
Getting in writing, interesting, and the kind of thing I did when I was a multi-line agent, as people often forgot they didn't want car rental added or that they dropped coverage or refused comp/collision on a vehicle.
This is coming up soon with a new client, will relate the issue to them.

The drugs are covered.
Formulary exception may happen.

But a cancer policy to cover $150K drug doesn’t exist.

The drugs are covered.
Formulary exception may happen.

But a cancer policy to cover $150K drug doesn’t exist.
I think I saw a mention somewhere of one for $100K.
Never sold one, IDK, I think to some extent I have been ruined by the emphasis in general financial planning for an all purpose emergency fund.

Latest posts

Back