Is $36,000 first year possible?

I was in the very same boat as you, although I moved Indy after years of Captive experience.

As someone already stated - you need to back into your numbers....

$36,000 divided by a blended average of, let's say 12.5%, excluding bonuses, would require you to write $288,000 of premium for the year to make $36,000. That would be $24,000/month or $6,000 a week.

Your household average will very greatly by your location... in Florida, $6,000 could easily be one house. In ND/MN, that would be 2-3 households. YMMV

I think the question that everyone misses the mark on is how do you plan on getting your clients? What is your marketing plan? What is your budget? What is an acceptable client acquisition cost? How are you going to plan your day? How are you going to target clients?

These are real questions that you will want to have answered before you sink money into your business without a clear roadmap. Please don't have the business plans of friends and family and waiting for referrals... I promise you this works for .01% of Agents.

I would also say this the advantage of going Indy right away is equal to the disadvantage of going Indy right away. It's difficult starting captive learning ONE carrier's products, underwriting, exceptions, rates, etc... Depending on how many carriers you have, you will have a steep learning curve. Now, don't let that scare you, it's just something to be aware of.

Can you do it? Yes - but it won't be easy.

I hope that wasn't too cynical as it certainly is not my intention.
Talk about value bomb!
200w.gif

Back