Is anyone generating online lead?

the customer decides the process, not the lead vendor.

@Patrick Falcone this goes for any business. As @Abrasax is saying Failure has much less to do with the consumer being wrong, than the vendor...

If you can buy a home, a business, or a car... perhaps the largest investment anyone will ever make, and THEY can publish a price... then Joe Anythingforsaleontheweb can publish a price. Dont get stuck in the 2000's and end up tangled in your own I'll concieved paradigms.

By the way... I haggled my last car, home, and business purchases, but would never have bothered with any of them without a published price.

@Patrick Falcone this goes for any business. As @Abrasax is saying Failure has much less to do with the consumer being wrong, than the vendor...

If you can buy a home, a business, or a car... perhaps the largest investment anyone will ever make, and THEY can publish a price... then Joe Anythingforsaleontheweb can publish a price. Dont get stuck in the 2000's and end up tangled in your own I'll concieved paradigms.

By the way... I haggled my last car, home, and business purchases, but would never have bothered with any of them without a published price.

If a marketing company can give you a price up front, they're not doing the work. For instance if Company XYZ says that auto leads are $12, they can afford to charge that because they're buying it from an outside source for a lower number. They're just marking up someone elses product. Is this really something that you want to pay for or do you want an actual marketing company to put together a campaign for you specifically? Also, if I have genuine live leads that cost $20 each but my competitors who are reselling leads are all charging $9 I would be out of my mind to post that on my website. Everybody who thinks it's too time consuming to speak with my company is just going to see $20 and run and never understand the value and WHY it costs twice as much. The only way you're going to understand that is by calling and learning the product. In essence I'd be losing your business anyway because you will see $20 per lead and run just like you run after not seeing pricing posted. If you're going to be paying a company for a product that is so detrimental to your business, why is it such a big deal to pick up the phone and talk to someone? Laziness? Afraid to be sold? I'm not being arrogant here, I really am asking.

It doesn't have to be part of the process. Most lead vendors today are out of touch with their market, who has no appreciation for their "call for details" crap. Especially when there's a tab that says "pricing" but when you click it, it just leads to a contact us form. It's sleazy and ineffective.

I feel like companies like ListShack and LeadHeroes are more in touch with the pulse of the market, trying to give people what they want. They understand that in the long run, the customer decides the process, not the lead vendor.

As a customer, your process should be to do your own due diligence. How could you feel comfortable sending someone money for leads if you don't even have a conversation with them? I'm not known to be a frugal man, but I am certainly not throwing away hundreds or thousands of dollars through an online shopping cart for leads. It's possible that some may not care about spending the money and giving it a shot, but my advice will always be to do your research on a company and that starts with a personal conversation.

As a customer, your process should be to do your own due diligence. How could you feel comfortable sending someone money for leads if you don't even have a conversation with them? I'm not known to be a frugal man, but I am certainly not throwing away hundreds or thousands of dollars through an online shopping cart for leads. It's possible that some may not care about spending the money and giving it a shot, but my advice will always be to do your research on a company and that starts with a personal conversation.
TRUE
ALSO the $20 leads is not the problem the real problem is the lack of transparency

If a marketing company can give you a price up front, they're not doing the work. For instance if Company XYZ says that auto leads are $12, they can afford to charge that because they're buying it from an outside source for a lower number. They're just marking up someone elses product. Is this really something that you want to pay for or do you want an actual marketing company to put together a campaign for you specifically? Also, if I have genuine live leads that cost $20 each but my competitors who are reselling leads are all charging $9 I would be out of my mind to post that on my website. Everybody who thinks it's too time consuming to speak with my company is just going to see $20 and run and never understand the value and WHY it costs twice as much. The only way you're going to understand that is by calling and learning the product. In essence I'd be losing your business anyway because you will see $20 per lead and run just like you run after not seeing pricing posted. If you're going to be paying a company for a product that is so detrimental to your business, why is it such a big deal to pick up the phone and talk to someone? Laziness? Afraid to be sold? I'm not being arrogant here, I really am asking.

First... I'm not at all afraid to be sold, but I will tell you I think you are missing an important part of what we are saying. For instance, I founded own, and operate an agency network. We give someone all of the tools they need to start and operate an agency that THEY own 100%. Does that separate us from our competition? Uh yeah, I'll show you intricate details of many different types of contract with a big gotcha in every one. There are some that are free, that pay 100% commission... but guess what? Mine are less expensive because we have negotiated in some cases prices at 1/3 of the cost on goods and services that our members will be needing when starting an agency...

I proudly tell people that my $199 a month is less expensive than their $0 a month... Take the time to educate on what makes your $20 lead better than the $9 by illustrating its like going to a car dealership and asking how much is a car...

So you put a ben franklin on your site, you say $9 leads from www.imarussiandataminer.com and you list what those leads typically look like... Then you list what yours look like and how fresh and nice they are... You can still price things out, and CREATE your own value by owning what you are and how well you do what you do.

Lastly, I mean no ill will by telling you this, nor will I tell you how to run your business. Build two websites, with two different lead vendor brands (same leads though) one your way, and one my way with the ben franklin and a price and which one do you think will sell you more leads in the end? I'm not projecting, I also am just asking... and maybe taking this feedback and having two selling portals for the same product presented just slightly different is just what the Dr ordered... or maybe it solidifies your argument.

All that being said... I don't have time to fill out forms to get an idea about something someone is trying to sell me... and before you discount what I am saying, please realize, that I and my entire nationwide network of agencies are a potential customer base that is telling you... we don't have time. What can it hurt, build a second website and test it...

I don't really think it is about not having time for most people. I believe it is just the fact that I have to fill out something with my personal info just to get a price. I'm really not inclined to just put out my info to someone that I don't know if I'm doing business with or not.

While I understand why you would want a potential client to enter in their info so that you have it to market to, I for one wouldn't bother with a company that wants me to call so they can "talk me into it". If I like your prices I'll call. If I don't I will move on. If you don't tell me a price, then you aren't even worth my time. I'll shop other places because there are plenty that will share pertinent info without my having to give my personal info.

When I run across something like that, my first thought is, "What are they trying to pull"? "Am I going to be bombarded with emails that I didn't ask for or had to seek and search for that little box to opt out"?

Once again, if a company wants me to guess, then my guess is they don't really want my business!

Back