Is anyone going to the Convention (National Agents Alliance) (NAA

all I got was a lousy teeshirt........

NAA_Shirt_Final.jpg

Sti,

Thats a nice start on making them talk. Very creative also. Nice job!

dvd493, you must be fairly new to the business.

For the garden variety agent, NAA is a joke. Not for them...but for you.

Overpay'em for leads...pay'em for their convention...and they pay you with sub-standard commissions.

They're making lotsa money off you. Unless you have a big 'downline' that is. If it seems too good to be true...it usually is!

Keep making them lots of money.

moonlightandmargaritas,

I know on this forum some people think NAA is a joke but, they really don't know what there talking about for the most part. None of them have grown their company to 100 million in only four years. How can they compare opinions against fact? No disrespect intended for anyone, we all have opinions.

dvd493 said:
moonlightandmargaritas,

I know on this forum some people think NAA is a joke but, they really don't know what there talking about for the most part. None of them have grown their company to 100 million in only four years. How can they compare opinions against fact? No disrespect intended for anyone, we all have opinions.

dvd493,

I've tried to hold my tongue as long as I can, but I have to point out a few things. Number one, it's conference with an "e", not conferance with an "a". Secondly, the comma comes before the word "but". Thirdly, it's "they're" (as in they are) when you say, "they don't know what there talking about".

Wow, that felt good.

Now, about NAA (with whom I've never been associated with), they have grown their business to 100 million in 4 years off the backs of agents like you. That doesn't make them a great company. As a matter of fact, it confirms moonlight's point. That is, they have a great business model for THEM. They are nothing more than a lead generation company (at no cost to them since they charge the agents for the leads). Then, evidently, they give the agents less than attractive contracts for which they get an override on.

It is likely they are getting 120%-140% contracts. Most of the IMO's that provide leads get this type of contract. They then set it up where they give the top guys (those who build a downline) maybe 100%-110% at best. Which means they get 20%-40% off of everything sold. All for generating leads that someone else pays for. I say more power to them. When I come across someone who has purchased one of these mortgage term products (mainly the ones that don't require an exam), I simply show them how much less they could be paying and it's usually a done deal.

I'm sure there are many agents out there, including some that post here, that went down that road. They are trying to share some wisdom with you. But I'm sure you've heard your upline say something like, "they only talk bad about NAA 'cause they couldn't make it". And I'm sure that's true for some. I assure you, the only one's making reall money with NAA are the one's who have built a big downline. They don;t really sell anymore. Their job is to recruit, recruit, recruit. And if they're good at it, they should make good money. Again, that doesn't mean NAA is a great company.

Scott, you are on the money. Too bad DVD can't see that. Perhaps one day he will become enlightened.

NAA, ACA, PFS, NASE and all the other MLM agencies are just a black hole in our industry.

Isn't every agency a MLM? Some are just bigger than others. Most folks can say what they want, but I don't think there's an agent on here who wouldn't love to have 15-20 agents working with him. Knock out $300-400K a year. Most agents on here work by themselves. Why? Nobody can stand them? Can't recruit? No one wants to be around them. I don't know. I've seen the PFS and others. Some protect folks better than what they had before. Any one here could have a team of 50 to a 100 people and I guarantee you there would be a bad apple in the bunch. I have ran quotes, sometimes the non-meds are cheaper than what the locals are selling! At least it's a start. Some folks need the hooray and motivation, some don't. My problem was we were limited on products. There is not a day that goes by I wouldn't like to feel the excitement of 1200 people in a room motivated by someone who has changed their life for the better.

sman & somarco,

I understand NAA top dogs get paid more. Can you name anyone on top who doesn't. It goes with the skill level. There are a lot of NAA agents who make good money so your just wrong there. I also understand that you start at a much lower contract level. 55% is very low and not many in this industry would dispute that.

Everyone pays for leads either directly or indirectly so what. It's the cost of doing business. I don't understand your anger. It seems a little misplaced. Going to 100 million in 4 years does mean there doing something right. You work on a tier system. Sure, your at 100% but those over you are at a higher contract rate. So classifying NAA as an MLM is just rediculous. By your definition, your working in an MLM company also.

Lets get back to the issue. Did any of you attend the conferance and if so, can you tell all of us what you learned?

Re: Motivation

Years ago when I worked for Prudential in Chicago, they rewarded the top 30 agents in our area with an audience with the great Notre Dame (at the time) football coach, Lou Holtz. I was fortunate enough to qualify to attend.

Mr. Holtz spoke for near 90 minutes on the subjects of love, trust, and commitment. At the conclusion, he took questions. One of our attendees, acknowledging the he was known as a "master motivator" asked him for his secret to motivation.

Mr. Holtz replied that motivation came from within. If he had a secret, he said, it was finding people that were already motivated.

Amen.

Latest posts

Back