Is CLU Worth It?

CR in STL

Expert
Are the CLU clasess worth taking? I don't really care about putting the designation on my card since the general public doesn't know or care what it is, I just like to constantly learn especially since I am relatively new to the business

Here it comes "clients don't care how much you know until they know how much you care" It never hurts to take NAIFA or american college stuff cause to work with higher income clients you need to know it all anyways or at least enough to be dangerous!!

Here it comes "clients don't care how much you know until they know how much you care" It never hurts to take NAIFA or american college stuff cause to work with higher income clients you need to know it all anyways or at least enough to be dangerous!!

Strong Post!

Of all of these designations I think CLU is one of the more respected and your thinking is correct, take these classes to genuinely learn something. If that is the case, CLU and CEBS are good but most are junk and money makers for those that offer.

However, most people take these classes just to get the designation. Insurance salespeople, having one of these designations means nothing and you have wasted your time and money. It won't affect the sale. "Dave, I was going to buy from your competitor but I see you have a LOMA designation with a CFP, so I will buy from you. Also, LOMA people don't lie about their product."

HR managers, these designations may be worth getting because there are not too many other ways to prove to your bosses you are doing good work, and these titles seem impressive, and tuition and books are paid by the company.

Back