Is Co-Pay Not Really what I Think?

A copay covers history, exam, any diagnostic testing, treatment, and surgical procedures done "in the office" or outpatient, lunch before or after the appointment, clothing suitable for a public office visit, any incidentals on the way to and from the office, and under special circumstances a standard "hair cut" for men and beauty parlor appt. for women.

Thanks all. The representatives don't seem to have a clue either. And the breakdown on the bills on the BCBS website aren't much help.

I believe, after what I've heard here and seen on my information, that the visits were upgraded from regular office-visit to some higher specification since things were done.

I have done research and made arguments of confusion, but I fall victim to a poorly designed system. I either pay, or my credit score goes down. That sucks, but that's life in the USA.

Not intending to be rude, but there is a lack of transparency in doctors office pricing. You should always ask the provider how much something is going to cost. The problem with the system is the consumer not holding providers accountable for clear providing. Dentists don't get away with this, but for some reason doctors do.

Back