Is It Possible to Dispute a Claim by an Insurance Company?

You may just have to let your insurance company help you here, you should have some sort of legal cover through your insurance. Did you manage to take any photos at all? Were there any witnesses? I guess the lorry just drove off unaware of what happened? If you don't have a camera in your phone I'd buy a disposable camera and leave it in your glove box.

I hope you manage to get this sorted out.

It is very important to file claim with your carrier and request from them investigation of your claim by taking recorded statements from both drivers. Your goal at this point is to have your company understand and accept your side of the story. When investigation completed you need to request from your insurer a written confirmation of their liability decision. When your insurer believes your story and decides that you are not at fault for this accident and produces a written document your rates are not going to change and when you go shopping for new company you will have a proof that this accident was not your fault based on your company decision.

ClaimsAdvocates

Back