Is it possible to do a verbal SOA?

multipledigits

Hi everyone!

I'm a bit confused at some of the new CMS rules still, of course including the 48-hour SOA rule. (Somehow it doesn't apply to inbound calls, and the definition of inbound calls is a bit hazy too, last time I checked. Maybe something has changed or been clarified?)

Anyway, I was wondering if it's possible to do a verbal SOA during the phone call if it's an inbound call, or a lead that scheduled a time to talk to me and left a voicemail. Or do I still need to send the SOA email?

And if we can do a verbal SOA, is there a script for it? I'm checking with the carriers as well to see if this is a thing but I wanted to check here too in case anyone has experience with this.

Thank you for your help!! :)

The answer is yes, there was a script outlined in one of my carrier trainings, but I couldn't tell you which one because I don't intend to do any.

Yes verbal SOA is very much a thing. Currently, in UHC LEAN voice enrollment, the SOA is part of the script. Personally, I think it is a little too simple.

One of my FMO’s also has a verbal SOA, which i use too. Do you have any references or scripts currently?

Hi everyone!

I'm a bit confused at some of the new CMS rules still, of course including the 48-hour SOA rule. (Somehow it doesn't apply to inbound calls, and the definition of inbound calls is a bit hazy too, last time I checked. Maybe something has changed or been clarified?)

Anyway, I was wondering if it's possible to do a verbal SOA during the phone call if it's an inbound call, or a lead that scheduled a time to talk to me and left a voicemail. Or do I still need to send the SOA email?

And if we can do a verbal SOA, is there a script for it? I'm checking with the carriers as well to see if this is a thing but I wanted to check here too in case anyone has experience with this.

Thank you for your help!! :)

Yes, you can do a verbal SOA. There is no script. Per the CMS marketing guidelines,

The following requirements must be on the scope of appointment form or on the recorded call:
Product types to be discussed. •
Date of appointment. •
Beneficiary and agent contact information. •
Statement stating, no obligation to enroll, current or future Medicare enrollment status will not be impacted, and automatic enrollment will not occur.

I created a script for myself using those guidelines.

There is an exception to the 48-hour rule for inbound calls. You do not have to wait 48 hours to educate or market to the customer during the inbound call. Nonetheless, the SOA is still required. During the inbound call, you can recite an SOA verbally before you commence Medicare presenting but it must be recorded, stored, and retrievable on demand for 10 years.

Back