Is it true 93% of new insurance agents fail within 1st 3 years?!

Based on the car salesmen and life insurance salesmen I've met, I'd take the car salesman every time. Frankly there is a good chance I would just skip the flight all together.

Again, based on the ones I've met, I wouldn't trust either one any farther than I could throw them. If they said the sky was blue, I'd go outside and double check.
Do you sell insurance? I know you keep telling us you are a millionaire but if you aren't in the business why are you here?

I never once said I am a millionaire. I have however, said here many many times that I am a commercial p&c broker. You may have selective memory.
Wrong! I have an old man's memory.. :yes: OK, so you are a salesman, selling commercial P&C that calls yourself a broker because you don't want to be known as a salesman?? :skeptical:

Wrong! I have an old man's memory.. :yes: OK, so you are a salesman, selling commercial P&C that calls yourself a broker because you don't want to be known as a salesman?? :skeptical:

You can call me a salesman if you want. I sell commercial p&c. Very little life. I think it's been over a year since I've sold a life policy.

You can call me a salesman if you want. I sell commercial p&c. Very little life. I think it's been over a year since I've sold a life policy.
Didn't think we just taking about life salesmen.. Seems the conversation was about avoiding all salesmen..

I guess is one of the post I had in mind in the earlier post.
I was born in 1980 so, I am almost a Millenial. Since I didn't have any dependents when I was in my 20's, I instead invested intelligently in stocks, real estate, and business ventures. If I had dependents, I would have bought term. Yeah, my investments didn't go up in a straight line like life insurance would have (there were a few dips) but I made far more money with far less money than anyone could have with life insurance products. I have done well enough, that I mostly retired at 37. If I die today, my beneficiaries will be quite wealthy.

Markthebroker, Wednesday at 5:37

Guess I think being "quite wealthy" means in excess of 1 million.. I know, I shouldn't be assuming.. :no:

We were talking about salesmen. I, however, made very specific statements about life salesmen and car salesmen. So far the life insurance salesmen I have met, I have found to be very sleazy and unethical. Hopefully I can meet some that aren't.

I never said I was a millionaire. Never said I wasn't.

You are taking the liberty of making lots of assumptions and generalizations based on what you "feel" and "think" and not what is said.

For the car salesperson, the hardest part is dealing with the customers looking around stage. Because they may look at 10 dealers before deciding what they want.

They aren't looking at multiple dealers to decide what they want, they are looking for a salesman to show them what they want. If they are on the lot, they will buy ... if they happen to meet a salesman. The hardest part of a car sale isn't selling the car, it's getting the customers paper bought by a lender.

We were talking about salesmen. I, however, made very specific statements about life salesmen and car salesmen. So far the life insurance salesmen I have met, I have found to be very sleazy and unethical. Hopefully I can meet some that aren't.

I never said I was a millionaire. Never said I wasn't.

You are taking the liberty of making lots of assumptions and generalizations based on what you "feel" and "think" and not what is said.
I haven't noticed any great difference between the life folks and the P&C folks..

Last edited:
There is a major difference in their first year. P&C folks believe that only P&C products pay renewals and Life folks believe that only life products pay renewals.They both believe that by year 10, agents dont have to do any work and get paid a 6 figure salary a month.

There is a major difference in their first year. P&C folks believe that only P&C products pay renewals and Life folks believe that only life products pay renewals.They both believe that by year 10, agents dont have to do any work and get paid a 6 figure salary a month.
I was speaking in terms of honesty..

Back