Is it true 93% of new insurance agents fail within 1st 3 years?!

Nov 15, 2018

1. rousemark

rousemark Still Here!

State:
    Tennessee
    Do you sell insurance? I know you keep telling us you are a millionaire but if you aren't in the business why are you here?

2. Markthebroker

Markthebroker Guru

State:
    California
    I never once said I am a millionaire. I have however, said here many many times that I am a commercial p&c broker. You may have selective memory.

3. rousemark

rousemark Still Here!

State:
    Tennessee
    Wrong! I have an old man's memory.. :yes: OK, so you are a salesman, selling commercial P&C that calls yourself a broker because you don't want to be known as a salesman?? :skeptical:

4. Markthebroker

Markthebroker Guru

State:
    California
    You can call me a salesman if you want. I sell commercial p&c. Very little life. I think it's been over a year since I've sold a life policy.

5. rousemark

rousemark Still Here!

State:
    Tennessee
    Didn't think we just taking about life salesmen.. Seems the conversation was about avoiding all salesmen..

I guess is one of the post I had in mind in the earlier post.
    Guess I think being "quite wealthy" means in excess of 1 million.. I know, I shouldn't be assuming.. :no:

6. Markthebroker

Markthebroker Guru

State:
    California
    We were talking about salesmen. I, however, made very specific statements about life salesmen and car salesmen. So far the life insurance salesmen I have met, I have found to be very sleazy and unethical. Hopefully I can meet some that aren't.

I never said I was a millionaire. Never said I wasn't.

You are taking the liberty of making lots of assumptions and generalizations based on what you "feel" and "think" and not what is said.

7. DayTimer

DayTimer Guru

State:
    Pennsylvania
    They aren't looking at multiple dealers to decide what they want, they are looking for a salesman to show them what they want. If they are on the lot, they will buy ... if they happen to meet a salesman. The hardest part of a car sale isn't selling the car, it's getting the customers paper bought by a lender.

8. rousemark

rousemark Still Here!

State:
    Tennessee
    I haven't noticed any great difference between the life folks and the P&C folks..

Last edited: Nov 28, 2018
  9. walthamny

walthamny Guru

State:
    Massachusetts
    There is a major difference in their first year. P&C folks believe that only P&C products pay renewals and Life folks believe that only life products pay renewals.They both believe that by year 10, agents dont have to do any work and get paid a 6 figure salary a month.

10. rousemark

rousemark Still Here!

State:
    Tennessee
    I was speaking in terms of honesty..