Is Norco a knockout med for a Med Supp?

secondcreek

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
Had a lady ask me if I could find a Med Sup that would accept Norco. She takes it for neck pain.

Currently has Aetna but doesn’t like the premium hike she is getting at renewal.

I found out Humana and Trans won’t take Norco. Made me wonder if it is a knockout medication.

Had a lady ask me if I could find a Med Sup that would accept Norco. She takes it for neck pain.

Currently has Aetna but doesn’t like the premium hike she is getting at renewal.

I found out Humana and Trans won’t take Norco. Made me wonder if it is a knockout medication.
You must have tried the only 2 companies that won't take it. I just looked at 15 companies and and Norco/Vicodin aren't on any of their RX KO lists.

You must have tried the only 2 companies that won't take it. I just looked at 15 companies and and Norco/Vicodin aren't on any of their RX KO lists.

I do know Cigna And Mutual have issues with Pain meds Cigna is really tough on it, I had to appeal a decline where the client had stopped taking pain meds over a year ago

I don't remember what meds but it wasn't morphine it was def on the Vicodin level

I do think I had easier time with pain meds a year or so ago this is as of within the last 6 months or so I have noticed this

I do know Cigna And Mutual have issues with Pain meds Cigna is really tough on it, I had to appeal a decline where the client had stopped taking pain meds over a year ago

I don't remember what meds but it wasn't morphine it was def on the Vicodin level

I do think I had easier time with pain meds a year or so ago this is as of within the last 6 months or so I have noticed this
I didn't see Norco or Vicodin on Cigna's RX KO list. Maybe they're listed under a different brand.

Because of the opioid epidemic, companies will probably look harder at their use.

I didn't see Norco or Vicodin on Cigna's RX KO list. Maybe they're listed under a different brand.

Because of the opioid epidemic, companies will probably look harder at their use.

I did have some with cigna with pain meds in the past but started to run into issues from what I can tell around AEP

I have had problems with getting people approved on pain meds. Why they are taking it will generally determine if they are approved. Back pain is usually the big problem. If they are taking for occasional arthritis or just off of some surgery fine, but if it is back pain.

Are they going to need surgery for whatever the underlying problem that is causing the pain? If UHC is competitive see if they will take.

Back