Is sales a talent?

I think you are right about Zig because I've probably listened to
every single Zig tape out there so that is where I probably heard it.

Thanks for jogging this rusty o'le memory!:)

OnTheFrontLines

This is probably just a reiteration of what you already said, but there's little doubt in my mind that you can be successful at sales if you are motivated.

Problem is we live in a 90/10 world, 10 percent of the people get 90 percent of the results. The Pareto Principle holds true in sales the same as every other avenue of business,

Sales is certainly one of these where 90 percent of the agents will be failures or mediocre at best. 10 percent will be successful stars.

This is probably just a reiteration of what you already said, but there's little doubt in my mind that you can be successful at sales if you are motivated.

Problem is we live in a 90/10 world, 10 percent of the people get 90 percent of the results. The Pareto Principle holds true in sales the same as every other avenue of business,

Sales is certainly one of these where 90 percent of the agents will be failures or mediocre at best. 10 percent will be successful stars.

If you've ever listened to Earl Nightingale's The Strangest Secret (way before The Secret) he states that out of 100 men, only 5 make the grade by retirement age.
As in they're not dependent on others (family, government) nor do they need to continue to work. 5 out of 100. That's really sad when you consider that we have opportunity and abundance everywhere.
:nah:

I think you know what my answer is.

If someone is teachable, and actually applies what they are taught, they will succeed.

Think about it, what makes someone a sales superstar, it's certainly not luck, so it has to be skill. If there were no formula for success, everyone would be level and mediocre at best.

An example; Pick an agency I've trained, of 12 agents, 7 have seen dramatic improvements over the course of training, the other 5, nothing. Why? Guess who's not applying what they learned?

This is a fact, I've literally asked agents "where is that in the presentation" and they become as guilty as a kid with his hand in the cookie jar and it defies explanation.

Read Dorothea Brande's Wake up and Live, we have developed a will to fail. It's out of print but worth finding.
I Found the book on ebay for $40.00. IS IT WORTH IT? :skeptical:

Back