Is Selling Medicare Worth It?

bretblack

I'm a financial advisor in a credit union (life/health, series 6, 63, 66 & 7) and do 99% investments with a little bit of life insurance thrown in.

I've recently had the opportunity to expand and do medicare supplimental sales to the members. This would be a side gig for me, not going through my investment grid. I'm thinking I could get this ball running for 2014. Just curious, for those that sell it, is it worth it? I dont' need this for my primary income but would like some secondary revenue to help pay our house off.

Just curious on your thoughts and what to look out for.

Thanks

I'm a financial advisor in a credit union (life/health, series 6, 63, 66 & 7) and do 99% investments with a little bit of life insurance thrown in. I've recently had the opportunity to expand and do medicare supplimental sales to the members. This would be a side gig for me, not going through my investment grid. I'm thinking I could get this ball running for 2014. Just curious, for those that sell it, is it worth it? I dont' need this for my primary income but would like some secondary revenue to help pay our house off. Just curious on your thoughts and what to look out for. Thanks

Yes. But with anything you do "on the side," just recognize your limitations. Pick the big names to sell for. Keep it simple. Stay out of MAPD's and Part D.

It's easy to sell supps. Easy to sell MAPD's as well...but too time consuming on compliance for the part timer.

Sent from my iPad using InsForums

Back