• Do you have any victories you'd like to share for the month of May? Help us celebrate others by posting here.

Is the New 2025 CMS Rule for Agent compensation actually GREAT news for AGENTS and FMOs?

where's all this money coming from??
It is very unlikely to pass. Isn’t it? It would need 60 votes in the Senate. Looking at the 2024 map, about 3 Republicans should be added.
Look at the hassle they went through to pass ACA which ditched the public option even amidst activists’ outcry.

I don’t think it will be cut to zero . The desperation for help for seniors is eye popping . I can see commission cut in 1/2 . If that happens obviously I’d no longer solicit new business . I’d only work referrals and do service work on the phone . I’d go back to selling fe mostly
The way the final rule has been explained in the meetings Ive been to its either full commissions or zero commissions to the Agent, reduced commissions are not an option,

The way the final rule has been explained in the meetings Ive been to its either full commissions or zero commissions to the Agent, reduced commissions are not an option,
I saw that video you gave me yes he said that . Unless cms changed the rules for 2025 carriers could never pay more than fmv but could always pay less

From the TA link . . .

Democrats in Congress have revived an effort to protect Medicare enrollees from high medical costs.

Lawmakers’ new Choose Medicare Act bill would cap Medicare enrollees’ out-of-pocket costs at $6,700 per year starting in 2026. The bill would also create a Medicare Part E plan open to people of any age.

To a bunch of millionaires in DC, $6700 is a 3 martini lunch.

But to the average person on SS + Medicare that is a lot of money.

In 2022, the average debt of consumers aged 65 to 74 was $134,950, according to the latest Federal Reserve data, compared to $94,620 for those 75 and older.

Part B premium is a stretch for a number of folks.

Part D premium could double in 2025 thanks to the IRA . . . another big idea to "lower the cost of drugs for seniors"

Most of the rest of the Choose Medicare Act bill would affect people younger than 65.

The bill also would create a Medicare Part E plan program for anyone younger than 65 who wanted Medicare coverage. Medicare Part E managers would provide a national “public option” health program — a government-run alternative to private health insurance — by selling Part E plans through the Affordable Care Act public health insurance exchange system.

Medicare Part E is code for Medicare (Medicaid) for all . . .

where's all this money coming from??

Our children and grandchildren . . .

The same folks who will be paying off student loans "forgiven" by the current administration, paying for housing, food, medical care, etc. of millions of illegal aliens, and a bridge to Gaza that sunk 3 weeks after the christening.

Some Americans are facing $38,000 or even more in medical debt, the Journal found. Additionally, more cancer patients are filing for bankruptcy, which one study linked to an 80% increased risk of dying.

A separate 2016 study cited by the Journal, found that cancer patients are also more likely to make late payments on their mortgages and credit cards.

The annual cost of cancer diagnoses in the U.S. averages $41,800 per patient in initial medical costs, $5,300 annually for continuing cancer care, and around $23,500 for end-of-life care, according to a 2020 report from the American Association for Cancer Research.

I wonder how many had only original Medicare, MAPD and OM + Medigap.

And . . . how many had Obamacare, EGH or some crappy indemnity plan.

Nearly 98% were insured when they acquired the debt related to their cancer.

Back