Is there an FMO that focuses specifically on Medigap?

jbrspar

I'm looking for a new FMO that focuses on Medigap and ancillary carriers but does not offer MAPD contracts or work in the MAPD space at all. My guess is that an FMO like this doesn't exist because it seems like every FMO's dream is to have a downline that sells every product under the sun, especially MAPD.

Before everyone attacks me for how dumb I am for limiting myself by not selling MAPD at all, I'll just say that I've been selling Senior products for years and my Medigap book has always been great and my MAPD book has always been a huge PITA. I'm okay with saying no to certain types of business and if I've learned anything since I started doing this, it's that not all business is good business.

I'm tired of my FMO bombing my email with all kinds of trainings and meetings and certifications and incentives that are all geared toward selling MAPD. Then when I call my FMO with a complicated underwriting case for a Medigap, they know ZERO about how to handle it and I'm basically on my own to teach myself some new obscure underwriting guideline.

Any constructive advice anyone can give me would be greatly appreciated and I'm looking for advice on an FMO, I'm not looking for business advice on how crazy I am for not selling MAPD or about how maintaining an MAPD book is only hard if I'm doing it wrong and stuff like that. This is the first post I've ever done on here and I figured this beats doing what I've been doing, which is just spending hours and hours searching for something that probably doesn't exist.

I have been selling Medicare Supplements since 1977. Probably have less than a dozen MAPD clients. I only run ads for a Plan G so those that contact me are wanting a supplement. I also don't roll my book every 6 years so I have hundreds of policies on the books that pay me nothing. This may have cost me money but it was my decision to make. Finally you are probably not going to find an FMO who only offers Medigap. Mine don't bother me and I try not to be a bother to him.

I'm looking for a new FMO that focuses on Medigap and ancillary carriers but does not offer MAPD contracts or work in the MAPD space at all. My guess is that an FMO like this doesn't exist because it seems like every FMO's dream is to have a downline that sells every product under the sun, especially MAPD.

Before everyone attacks me for how dumb I am for limiting myself by not selling MAPD at all, I'll just say that I've been selling Senior products for years and my Medigap book has always been great and my MAPD book has always been a huge PITA. I'm okay with saying no to certain types of business and if I've learned anything since I started doing this, it's that not all business is good business.

I'm tired of my FMO bombing my email with all kinds of trainings and meetings and certifications and incentives that are all geared toward selling MAPD. Then when I call my FMO with a complicated underwriting case for a Medigap, they know ZERO about how to handle it and I'm basically on my own to teach myself some new obscure underwriting guideline.

Any constructive advice anyone can give me would be greatly appreciated and I'm looking for advice on an FMO, I'm not looking for business advice on how crazy I am for not selling MAPD or about how maintaining an MAPD book is only hard if I'm doing it wrong and stuff like that. This is the first post I've ever done on here and I figured this beats doing what I've been doing, which is just spending hours and hours searching for something that probably doesn't exist.
Your not going to offer PDP service to your med supp clients?Pretty much the same FMOs for is pdp as it is for mapd.

Before everyone attacks me for how dumb I am for limiting myself by not selling MAPD at all,
The only ones that will attack you are the ones selling MA only. Kinda funny that way.

Since you're the one doing the work do it however you want.

Why not just tell your current FMO to ease up on the emails and such.

@Todd King offers both MA and medsupp but doesn't email very often, plus I'm pretty sure he allows you to unsubscribe.
He won't force you to sell MA if you don't want to either

@Todd King offers both MA and medsupp but doesn't email very often, plus I'm pretty sure he allows you to unsubscribe.
He won't force you to sell MA if you don't want to either
I'm with Axeman. See Todd. He's got everything you need plus he's there if you need him.

Also, other than me, he's probably the only one on here that knows all the lyrics to all of the Statler Brothers' songs.

(Axe is probably thinking Who the hell are the Statler Brothers)

I'm with Axeman. See Todd. He's got everything you need plus he's there if you need him.

Also, other than me, he's probably the only one on here that knows all the lyrics to all of the Statler Brothers' songs.

(Axe is probably thinking Who the hell are the Statler Brothers)
Who the hell are the Statler Brothers?

Latest posts

Back