Is there Coverage for this? Home Torn down due to [Wrong Address?]

Depending on a builder to have a builders risk policy is like expecting a four year old to brush their teeth without being told. I am sure it exists in fantasyland but i have not seen it. I have seen multiple times builders doing remodels telling my clients that they don't need one.

Depending on a builder to have a builders risk policy is like expecting a four year old to brush their teeth without being told. I am sure it exists in fantasyland but i have not seen it. I have seen multiple times builders doing remodels telling my clients that they don't need one.
That is the problem. They are willing to take the risk and there are no hard state requirements to enforce it. Scares me....

Time to speak with the County which signed off on the demolition and let the County deal with the contractor

Wouldn't the contractors builder risk policy cover the claim?

LOL no... People love to take insurance OFF of buildings when/before they tear down... which is good... putting insurance on a building then immediately tearing it down might be viewed as.... you know a little sketch...

Back