Is this a Fair Commission Split for a Insurance Agent?

I think you can make up your own mind about what to do. Even at double your current pay, it's hard to make those numbers work. Some agencies pay that amount in salary alone.

Sounds like their are some more experience people on this thread than myself....Please take a peak at my thread before this one.. I could use the advice

Am I reading this correctly? He is asking you to sell and paying you a commission off insurance while not yet licensed?

That ought to be a big warning sign if this is correct.

Am I reading this correctly? He is asking you to sell and paying you a commission off insurance while not yet licensed?

That ought to be a big warning sign if this is correct.

Actually no. Currently I am just sitting at his office while he shows me the ropes on how to complete an application, how to deal with customers etc. I am not getting paid. Since I am getting licensed online, he is kind of acting as a personal tutor to explain anything I am confused on.

He has guranteed me a job upon completion of my license. Then I'll get paid.

Thanks for all the replies and advice guys. Percentage split wise, how much would be a reasonable split? Or in my case how much should I pocket for a $600 policy since this is the number he keeps using?

Back