Is this commission right

jack3454

Super Genius
I sold a guy turning 65 in November a Medicare advantage plan a couple days ago. I helped him enroll in Part a and b. I just got a commission from Humana for $80 for this policy today. Does this make sense at all? I know I'm street level commission but trying to figure out if I will get the full commission in November or if something got messed up here. Thanks guys.

The carriers usually pay you a small initial amount while it is being confirmed with CMS that your client qualifies as new to Medicare. Then on the next commission cycle, you should receive the balance which is called "True-up."

Ok thank you i was wondering what was going on! It doesn’t make sense to me they should just wait until they get confirmation and pay the commission then instead of a small commission upfront. But thanksBrad

Don’t know why you got $80 . You should have gotten $100 and change . True up on both sides for Nov and Dec . You’ll get the true up by the middle of sept usually . It takes 4-6 weeks to get the true up

Back