IUL Carrier with no medical underwrite?

MrJenkins

Can anyone recommend an IUL carrier that does not require a medical underwrite? I have a client who is on an Opiate blocker (Suboxone) to treat an addiction derived from being on a prescription opiate after an injury.

I have been unable to find a carrier for him, they all want him to be off of the medication for at least 3 years. Any suggestions? Thanks!

All life insurance carriers will pull a medical report at the bare minimum.

Other than doing a guaranteed issue policy (available through payroll deduction from many carriers with a minimum number of lives covered), I don't see how you can get this placed.

You can also get guaranteed issue on your own. You dont necessarily need to get through payroll deduction. The death benefit wont usually exceed 30k and dont expect much cash value growth

I could be wrong, but I at one point, Suboxone, which is an opioid prescription drug, and other buprenorphine-based drugs, were a decline by most carriers. Maybe there was an exception or two, but I remember one of my speciality shops shopped 40 carriers and each was a decline. That was about 4 years ago. It was kind of like -- could allegedly be taken for several reasons, but whatever the reason, it's a decline, LOL. Maybe that's changed. Good luck!

Back