IUL Whats the Best Company & Why?????

If you need help, give me a ring. We have a life and annuity case design team that can help you with the case. Which company is best varies from client to client.

I am thinking Allianz

I would be a little biased, one of my partners help design that product for Allianz. It is excellent with good compensation.

I am partial to North American/Midland National.

Great choice of index buckets and very low fees.

Street comp is 95% of Target so you also get paid well. You might get a trim with some IMO's that handle case design and do all the case management/underwriting.

I would recommend an involved IMO through the whole process if you are not familiar with IUL.

I subscribe to IUL Digest, which is a service that tracks, back tests and breaks down IUL products, features, costs, etc. Brett Anderson runs it and is a great resource.

He rates the products by index IRR (back tested) He ranks 89 separate indexes. Midland has #1 and #3, 4 of the top 20, and 7 of the top 30.
NA has #2 and #6 and #29.

He has Allianz ranked with #4, #16 and #19 indexes.

Take that for what it's worth but I think he does a great job.

He does it by IRR

Just out of curiosity where does he have LSW ranked ?

I see three indexes listed for LSW: 47th, 54th and 78th
(These are his 20th yr IRR rankings, 40th YR IRR rankings are very similar)

If you are in the IUL market would suggest subscribing to his service. It's not expensive, a couple hundred a year I think+/- but he has great info that isn't tainted by the companies spin.

I use his projected rates of return rather than what the insurance companies use because those are all calculated using different criteria so they are a poor way to compare products.

Back