Jdeasy back

Telesales is definitely a different animal. And most independent agents lack a system to replicate or a mentor to follow.

But even if they do have those things, they still have to be well funded and make lots of dials.

Automation and artificial intelligence automatically reaching out and responding to leads will help immensely, but nothing replaces getting enough leads every week and putting in the work (making dials).

We tried converting a lot of Indy agents to telesales when covid hit, but most didn’t do the work.

A call center is a different animal. You are not hiring entrepreneurs, but employees. They show up to make dials and a $60,000 a year income. Much better than working in the local factory or bar. And when they’re done for the day, they’re done.

Controlled distribution is super profitable. More work involved for the upline though.

Persistency can be worse than the field, but it’s not as bad as some make it out to be.

Sure there will be great field agents that can replace what you’ve written, but it’s still nominal in the grand scheme of things and already baked into our numbers.

I will say the agents that seem to do the best in telesales are Medicare and Health agents.

Health agents are killing it nowadays. We’ve got health agents with 10,000+ leads in their Autopilot account.

These guys are writing $500,000-$1M a year in premium.

But the world has changed, like it or lump it. Covid has pushed more people into the digital world.

It wasn’t that long ago that we told people to not trust people you meet on the internet… now we order our food online and have it delivered by complete strangers.

53% of advertising is now done online and 95% of that is done through Facebook, Google, and YouTube. And that’s growing year over year.

Direct mail is still king… if you’re buying leads.

If you can develop a Facebook lead at 1/6th the cost, eliminate the time suck factor by utilizing technology, and even if you close 50% less compared to DM, your Cost Per Acquisition will be lower, while working the same (or less) amount of hours.

Now if there was only a course that taught agents how to do all that :)

I also agree with you Josh. Agents that feast on telesales agents is a small sliver of the pie. Mapd is a different animal in that its no cost for most thus many will switch on the phone . Many agents aren’t skilled enough to replace it . And it seems when low income people get 20 calls a day 4 days in a row there not intelligent enough to block the # and answer it . But shake and stir has made it much much harder for telesales co’s to get thru on the phone. Also the ghosting of #’s which was a huge problem is down 90% i bet. So telesales outfits face problems in contacting going forward. I know my spam calls are down 80% or more.

Again, the only people you ever hear from touting FE telesales are also recruiting for FE telesales.

Pimps pimp!!

For some real life stories, I have another friend that moved to telesales even before covid because of a family health situation that keeps him from being away from home. Great agent. Earned company trips with 2 different FE companies.

He's making FE telsales work as a independent because he has to. He's not making the money he did before. He's not earning company trips. And he hates every minute of it.

But he has to do it for now so he is,

Another guy I know decided to get into FE telesales but as a call center owner. He was a great field agent. Earned several company trips. I haven't heard from him since he left to start this call center but word is he is completely out of the insurance business now.

I do agree with Greg that telesales or field is a tough job. Most can't do either. I know the marketers want to pitch that they can train anyone but it's just not true.

But a telesales agent is behind the 8 ball to start with. Limited companies to work with. Josh says AmAm is a major player if you're looking at telesales. I have no reason to doubt that but if they are a "major" player then that says a lot about that business model. Lumico is another I see fairly often. Easily replaced.

And even the telesales agents say that replacements are few and far between and very difficult by phone if you have the opportunity even to replace.

Also very few multiple writes in one home. That's what the agents tell me. The uplines say differently, but you know!:1wink:

I can see that replacements would be tough and also that multiple writes would be too.

I also agree with you Josh. Agents that feast on telesales agents is a small sliver of the pie. Mapd is a different animal in that its no cost for most thus many will switch on the phone . Many agents aren’t skilled enough to replace it . And it seems when low income people get 20 calls a day 4 days in a row there not intelligent enough to block the # and answer it . But shake and stir has made it much much harder for telesales co’s to get thru on the phone. Also the ghosting of #’s which was a huge problem is down 90% i bet. So telesales outfits face problems in contacting going forward. I know my spam calls are down 80% or more.

Shaken/Stir and A2P 10DLC will be a game changer for sure.

Using toll free numbers will fly under the radar some. Just don’t call a T-Mobile or Sprint number smh. I think they’re all going to spam

High Level is about to become an Enterprise level account with Twilio. So they will be able to push their weight around. So Autopilot users will have better deliverability and less 30007 spam codes.

We did well with our agents selling FE in the call center. But we lead off with Medicare now. Working with Justin Brock on that stuff.

And we don’t recruit anymore at all, unless you live close to Greenville, SC ;)

Good discussion . I actually know a guy that’s been doing fe telesales for 5 yrs and does very well . But as was said few make it in telesales or face to face . We all know marketers are no different than Tony Robbins . Give all the dream of making big money but they know few will .But when everyone dreams it makes the marketers Rich . Insurance is no different than any sales . Few make it as it’s tough and grinding to succeed . Recruiters care about gross production as that’s what they get paid on not net . So they’d love you to spend $1500 a week on leads . But recruiting is tough too . I take my hate off to them.

Shaken/Stir and A2P 10DLC will be a game changer for sure.

Using toll free numbers will fly under the radar some. Just don’t call a T-Mobile or Sprint number smh. I think they’re all going to spam

High Level is about to become an Enterprise level account with Twilio. So they will be able to push their weight around. So Autopilot users will have better deliverability and less 30007 spam codes.

We did well with our agents selling FE in the call center. But we lead off with Medicare now. Working with Justin Brock on that stuff.

And we don’t recruit anymore at all, unless you live close to Greenville, SC ;)

Josh your not recruiting field agents anymore ? Mostly doing your auto pilot and Medicare call center? Yeah Brock big in Medicare . Seems him Cody , Christian brindle and Wycoff , Medicare wonder womam and a few others all work together .

Josh your not recruiting field agents anymore ? Mostly doing your auto pilot and Medicare call center? Yeah Brock big in Medicare . Seems him Cody , Christian brindle and Wycoff , Medicare wonder womam and a few others all work together .

No, we don’t recruit anymore. We still have field agents out there doing well, but they are low maintenance producers mostly.

Brandon is 100% call center and I’m 95% Autopilot. I do use our lead gen, automation, and A.I. Autopilot services to help our call center as well.

I like Justin Brock a lot. Met Cody (and Brock) in Costa Rica a few years back. He’s a cool dude.

Don’t know Brindle…

Brock gives realistic expectations than most marketers out there. And he’s done it successfully for a long time.

My opinion of FE telesales has not changed one iota.
90% of the 95% that fail have no biz even starting in FE , don't have the money for leads for next week, forget the next 6 weeks, but some marker will set them up with some auto thing or Tell them to go to some conference that will suck more money out of their pocket,
My opinion of FE telesales has not changed one iota.

Last edited:
Back