JIT contracting/Criminal History

No_Pyramid

I'm going to be honest just as I was with the AZ DOI who granted me my license. I have a criminal history, with felony charges yet not convictions. A handful of misdemeanors. Yet I submitted all rewuired paperwork and was granted my license.

All my criminal stuff was a result of alcohol and drugs, which I have been sober now for 15 months.

Does anybody know any carriers that are more lenient on contracting? I originally went with a MLM org, and I was contracted just fine by larger carriers, especially JIT carriers as it seemed once I wrote business they didn't care. The problem is the MLM outfit only paid 50% and no renewals, and I figured I wouldn't make any more money than I was framing apartments before.

I guess I'm just asking if anybody has any ideas on how to get contracted with carriers with a criminal past?

Really frustrating to get licensed, provide the state with legal documents stating I am not a felon, and then have the carriers say "even if you were not convicted, you were charged."

What are you trying to get contracted FOR? Life? Health? P&C? That will help with who can direct you.

I'm going to be honest just as I was with the AZ DOI who granted me my license. I have a criminal history, with felony charges yet not convictions. A handful of misdemeanors. Yet I submitted all rewuired paperwork and was granted my license.

All my criminal stuff was a result of alcohol and drugs, which I have been sober now for 15 months.

Does anybody know any carriers that are more lenient on contracting? I originally went with a MLM org, and I was contracted just fine by larger carriers, especially JIT carriers as it seemed once I wrote business they didn't care. The problem is the MLM outfit only paid 50% and no renewals, and I figured I wouldn't make any more money than I was framing apartments before.

I guess I'm just asking if anybody has any ideas on how to get contracted with carriers with a criminal past?

Really frustrating to get licensed, provide the state with legal documents stating I am not a felon, and then have the carriers say "even if you were not convicted, you were charged."
If you're already contracted with several companies, move your contracts to a different FMO. The MLM's probably won't cooperate with you though, so you might have to go 6 months without writing business before you can move your contract, unless the MLM gives you a release.

JIT, means that the company doesn't do a background check on you until you write your 1st piece of business. They might turn you down. Any companies that you contracted with that are JIT...you don't actually have a contract with until they run the background check on you.

Good luck and congrats on being sober for 15 months. :yes:

Last edited:
Some will do pre-approval...basically, get the report yourself, send it in with your other documentation/explanation and ask if it is worth the time to complete the contracting or not. Then save their response if it is a yes.

The reason I inquired about just in time contracting is because with the MLM fiasco, it seemed the companies that did JIT were more than happy to approve my contract once I submitted business. I don't want to get into the details of the carriers, or talk bad about the MLM; because of legal reasons. But I can't contract with certain carriers for 12 months now.

Back