Jump Starting Your Agency into Overdrive

great post, dont forget closing lawyers (may be different for your state).

I networked with closing lawyers the same way and it has been a success.

Miles this is a great guide. I am wondering if anyone has any feedback on some questions

I am in the process of getting an independent agency up and running do you think it networking brokers and others in the industry would be beneficial, or would you wait until the company is actually up?
2) Theres a new captive agency in town that just started and I know for certain they are trying to go after mbrokers, and for each and every person that gets sent to them they give them a $25 gift card which I have been told is illegal for mbrokers to receive...i guess my question is how as a new agency would you combat that?
3) Has anyone had any luck in any other areas, I was thinking CPA's small book keeping firms, maybe some types of Attorneys...

Miles this is a great guide. I am wondering if anyone has any feedback on some questions I am in the process of getting an independent agency up and running do you think it networking brokers and others in the industry would be beneficial, or would you wait until the company is actually up? 2) Theres a new captive agency in town that just started and I know for certain they are trying to go after mbrokers, and for each and every person that gets sent to them they give them a $25 gift card which I have been told is illegal for mbrokers to receive...i guess my question is how as a new agency would you combat that? 3) Has anyone had any luck in any other areas, I was thinking CPA's small book keeping firms, maybe some types of Attorneys...

I personally did not contact any COI (centers of influence) until I was in business and had the markets necessary to start doing business. I can't say that it was the best way but it worked.

My experience is that COI's don't like working with captive agents. They will throw them a bone or two but would be better suited to work with an independent agent. It's your job to educate them why and prove it true. They have to pay them because they only have one market. How else would they get the referral.

I don't pay for leads from loan officers and never will. They will send you business if you make it easy for them to do business with you. It is worth more than 25$ for them to know there client was taken care of and that the experience for there client was seamless.

Attorneys and CPA 's are good sources and will supply quality clients. However they can't provide the volume you need.

New agency issue - your COI's and potential clients typically won't care your new as long as your experience is not new. Most people will be more than happy to support the dreams of a new business owner and help launch you. Don't focus on you being new. Focus on helping the client. They will not know the difference. Your clients and future referral sources will be able to tell if you are hesitant or unsure.

Feel free to contact me. 864-509-0009
Miles Merwin

Back