June 15 2009 Means....

CHUMPS FROM OXFORD

Guru
5000 Post Club
Well...If you use a quote engine...your customers may be seeing July 1 effective rates.

And here in Ohio...Effective July 1...Aetna rates have jumped!!!

Whoa! No more cheap rates unless you want their 10k deductible plan.

Not sure about other states. I'll be checking Pa and In...

Aetna's rates are not even competitive in Virginia unless you have 35 kids. I know Anthem is increasing their HSA rates by 15% on July 1....they used to be significantly cheaper than other carriers, now they will be more in line with them. Makes that Humana policy look a lot more attractive.

Rates going up here but not that much. 17% for lower deductibles, 3% for higher ones.

No more 5 yr age brackets. Improved underwriting with loads in 10% increments vs the old 25%/50%/decline.

Other than service issues (including commissions) they are one of the most competitive carriers in GA.

Aetna is MD is the equivalent of marrying a swimsuit model and three years later she's 250 pds with 5 missing teeth.

That is NO less than the analogy of the week... In fact, how do you even think that combo up....?

WOW! Nitemares for me tonight for sho...

OK, for us new guys, let me get this straight; Up until very recently Aetna was on everybody's short go-to list because they were cheap. Now, Aetna is too expensive; they still loose everybodies paperwork (multiple times) when a claim comes in; they still cancel policies because of their mistakes and don't tell anybody; they still may or may not pay you; but now the swimsuit babe has overnight balooned to 250 pounds and no body wants to party with her any more.
Is anybody writing all this crap down somewhere?
Where's Paul? I need a drink.

I still write biz with them. Got 2 issued this week.

They are getting tougher on underwriting in spite of what they said. Also doing post-issue underwriting just like the rest of the big boys.

Lately, I have been putting more with GR/UH1. They seem to have the most reasonable underwriting stance, at least for my sickly clients. Had 3 approved so far this month that were/would have been rejected by other carriers.

The rules are different now.

Aetna's rates are not even competitive in Virginia unless you have 35 kids. I know Anthem is increasing their HSA rates by 15% on July 1....they used to be significantly cheaper than other carriers, now they will be more in line with them. Makes that Humana policy look a lot more attractive.

I have an Anthem HSA plan on myself in VA and was looking at the Humana plan too.

Back