Make $15k per month as a health agent?

The thing is I have a list of leads from self-employed people who are looking to get some "employer" type benefits... and I know how to generate a lot more leads of this type ...I want to know the best health/life insurances to get them that will make me the most money of course

The thing is that health insurance is controlled by enrollment periods under Obamacare. Most likely none of the people on your list have the necessary Qualifying Life Event to even be allowed to purchase major medical coverage outside of open enrollment.

Open enrollment in your (and most) states is now limited to 45 days (11/1 - 12/15). That is the ONLY time a person can purchase compliant major medical coverage without having the necessary qualifying life event. How much can you write in the 45 day open enrollment?

You'd be better served having a list of people who are experiencing a qualifying life event.

Also be aware that many carriers in many states (your's included) are not paying ANY commission for sales outside of open enrollment. Medicare Millionaire (he's on this forum) had two videos a week or so ago. He is also in South Carolina and found out after the first video that he wasn't going to get paid a penny on the Obamacare sale he made (which he addressed in the second video). Again how much can you sell in the 45 day open enrollment/commission window?

Life insurance, Medicare, Final Expense would all be more lucrative markets for a new agent. Without an established book of business you need product(s) you can sell year-round. No way you can build a $15k/Mo book 45 days a year.

I have one carrier that pays 15% monthly ... on a $1200 monthly premium I do make $180 per month.. I have a couple that I make $15 per month per member... others I make nothing ..it really depends on the state that you are attempting to sell your plans in..

Last edited:
I have one carrier that pays 15% monthly ... on a $1200 monthly premium I do make $180 per month.. I have a couple that I make $15 per month per member... others I make nothing ..it really depends on the state that you are attempting to sell your plans in..

Why not tell us the carrier?

So these plans are not MEC?

Back