Just for fun

Yes, actually. She worked there, and it was his sister, I was a long haired rocker at the time so it was easy to get ass and it didn't matter that I was looking at a Hyundai. Good times.

What's holding you back? I think you should sport the rocker look again. After all... you're an underwear agent and no one will see your hair... :biggrin:

What's holding you back? I think you should sport the rocker look again. After all... you're an underwear agent and no one will see your hair... :biggrin:

No way, I went to see Judas Priest a week or so ago and there they were, the dudes who pulled out the leather pants, still had long hair, I was glad I cut it off when I did and that confirmed it!

:jimlad:

I've never had a funny or entertaining insurance experience. Insurance is serious business and should be treated as such.

Of course it's serious business. It's the people that are so funny.

I went to a house on a mortgage protection lead. The couple were hoarders. There wasn't a clear spot in the house. I told them they didn't need anything and got out of there.

Kirby vacuum sent me to a house that had concrete floors they were so poor.

Of course it's serious business. It's the people that are so funny.

I went to a house on a mortgage protection lead. The couple were hoarders. There wasn't a clear spot in the house. I told them they didn't need anything and got out of there.

Kirby vacuum sent me to a house that had concrete floors they were so poor.

I started out selling Electrolux 22 years ago, I've had similar experiences.

You probably passed up an easy sale. People that are hoarders are "buyers". They have everything under the sun, love to buy and cannot say NO...

They really, really needed that mtg protection ins... to keep them from spending that same money on more crap to clutter up the house.

Not a funny experience with a salesperson, but one AS a salesperson. Selling real estate, many years ago.

Had this couples house listed for sale for many months. It had been listed for many months before me, by several other agents; possibly for 1.5 yrs total. The RE mkt was horrible, much worse than todays mkt. Nothing was selling in 1980.

Got an offer on their house, out of town buyer. It was a low-ball offer, but one that would close if they accepted it due to quality buyer, which was rare. Went over to present the offer, the seller (wife) was furious (at me). She was so mad, almost foaming at the mouth, that she took that contract in hand, wadded it up in a little ball and threw it at me, hitting me in the head. I just sat there... she was muttering profanities. She and husband went upstairs, wife was hollaring, crying, etc; Ranting on and on, directing her rage at me, when I was only the messenger.

Anyway, this went on for an hour or more, they came back downstairs, we went another round of it, the wife became furious again. Back upstairs she and husband go again, more tears, yelling, etc.

Long story short, about 3 1/2 hrs into this, I smoothed out the wadded up papers and got their signatures on the contract, accepting the offer. The wife was blasting me the whole way, but being urged by her apologetic husband to sign the deal.

Confirmation came, 30 days later on the day of closing. The wife was so apologetic for her outburst and so grateful that I could see that they needed to do the deal, and persisted. She was hugging me, hanging on me like I was her long lost boyfriend or something. It simply allowed them to get their family back together and she later realized that this was worth way more than the financial bath that they had taken on the house.

I learned a lot about selling and persistence that day. We all have battle scars and events that mark our careers. This was a growing event, and compared to that experience there was little that could happen that could dent the armour. My closing rate increased markedly following that experience.

Great story about persistence!! And human nature, LOL.

Not a funny experience with a salesperson, but one AS a salesperson. Selling real estate, many years ago.

Had this couples house listed for sale for many months. It had been listed for many months before me, by several other agents; possibly for 1.5 yrs total. The RE mkt was horrible, much worse than todays mkt. Nothing was selling in 1980.

Got an offer on their house, out of town buyer. It was a low-ball offer, but one that would close if they accepted it due to quality buyer, which was rare. Went over to present the offer, the seller (wife) was furious (at me). She was so mad, almost foaming at the mouth, that she took that contract in hand, wadded it up in a little ball and threw it at me, hitting me in the head. I just sat there... she was muttering profanities. She and husband went upstairs, wife was hollaring, crying, etc; Ranting on and on, directing her rage at me, when I was only the messenger.

Anyway, this went on for an hour or more, they came back downstairs, we went another round of it, the wife became furious again. Back upstairs she and husband go again, more tears, yelling, etc.

Long story short, about 3 1/2 hrs into this, I smoothed out the wadded up papers and got their signatures on the contract, accepting the offer. The wife was blasting me the whole way, but being urged by her apologetic husband to sign the deal.

Confirmation came, 30 days later on the day of closing. The wife was so apologetic for her outburst and so grateful that I could see that they needed to do the deal, and persisted. She was hugging me, hanging on me like I was her long lost boyfriend or something. It simply allowed them to get their family back together and she later realized that this was worth way more than the financial bath that they had taken on the house.

I learned a lot about selling and persistence that day. We all have battle scars and events that mark our careers. This was a growing event, and compared to that experience there was little that could happen that could dent the armour. My closing rate increased markedly following that experience.

My aunt had an appointment with a Rainbow Vaccume Rep. He managed to sell her a $1600.00 vaccume and she doesn't even have carpet.

I want him on my team!!!:err::D

Yes, the training back in the day was awesome, opens, closes, product, objections, etc. Priceless!

Latest posts

Back