Just got into Accident...(did i do the Right Thing)???

Mike Siegal

Guru
100+ Post Club
Ok...some guy just backed into my car while i was waiting to get into a parking space.

I was in the median lane that travels through the parking lot, when i see a guy leaving his space. I put my blinkers on and waited for the guy to back out and leave so that I COULD pull into his spot.

BEFORE i get the chance to move into his spot, some driver perpendicular to me, decides to NOT LOOK and just BACK UP right into my car (t-boning me). NOT TOO much damage but never-the-less, i could think of better things to do for the next 1hr. ANWAY, i called the cops and the PD made a report claiming 'NO FAULT' of either driver!

???

I looking at the cop wondering 'WTF' are you thinking buddie....clearly the other driver made a mistake and drove backwards before looking only to find a rude awakening 'i was there!'

ALRIGHT, no problem ...or is there?

I have Full-coverage w/ Geico BUT NOT SURE how they will take this...??

Is there something i can do (at this point)?

Should i be concerned or is the standard prototypical on how accidents with no injuries are handled???

What to do???

Thanks for your constructive input...!

Accident was on private property, not much the police can do since they were not there. Did the other driver accept blame? Best bet is to turn it over to your own carrier with the other driver's information and let the 2 insurance companies work it out. Most likely outcome is 50/50 split, your carrier pays for your car, his carrier pays for his car. If the other driver contacts you with claim information and accepts responsibility let his carrier take care of you.

Thanks.

I just got off the phone with the Cops.

Apparently the report was not complete (it is now). Other Driver is being charged with accident (private property or not). I will relay this fact to Geico; hopefully they'll do the right thing and make his company (progressive) pay for all the damage.

Thanks.

I just got off the phone with the Cops.

Apparently the report was not complete (it is now). Other Driver is being charged with accident (private property or not). I will relay this fact to Geico; hopefully they'll do the right thing and make his company (progressive) pay for all the damage.
I've always understood that the person backing up is always at fault. :yes:

Flo's gonna be pissed!!! :laugh:

I've always understood that the person backing up is always at fault.

True, especially when one backs up and hits a vehicle that is stationary.

hopefully they'll do the right thing and make his company (progressive) pay for all the damage.

GEICO will pay for the repairs to your car less your deductible, and then seek reimbursement from Progressive, at which time your deductible will be refunded to you.

True, especially when one backs up and hits a vehicle that is stationary.

GEICO will pay for the repairs to your car less your deductible, and then seek reimbursement from Progressive, at which time your deductible will be refunded to you.

thanks JACK!

I was a little put off by the Cop who came to the scene. Could HAVE been the 103 degree weather, but he definitely did not tell me of a follow-up report (all i heard was some Gibberish about Florida being a No-fault state (B** CHIT Charlie). If there is no-one to go after for reimbursement then MY INSURANCE has to pay and guess who they look for pay-back? (ME).

Screw that...that's why i didn't move that car until the Cops came.

ANYWAY, the Sgt., called me and explained what happened. I'm not against the Kid who hit me, but i don't want to pay anymore premium than i have to.

Back